Home

Its time to talk about what we want from ufc 5

This is a discussion on Its time to talk about what we want from ufc 5 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2020, 09:05 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Its time to talk about what we want from ufc 5

Let’s refrain from ripping on this game and instead focus on the next. For this thread I’d like to only discuss core gameplay. I know everyone wants universe mode etc GREAT but different thread.

I think the entire game needs scrapping and a fresh start, but most importantly for me it needs physics and realistic body modelling in the standup. Everything looks clunky in the current iterations because the entire game is animation based. It will never look good or feel satisfying if striking continues to have no real impact. It also causes the extremely in accurate hit detection.

More specifically, I’d really like to see actual angles on strikes instead of auto-aim. Once a strike begins the defending player should be able to just move the right direction and use the curves of strikes to avoid or counter. Strikes shouldn’t change direction mid animation to hit you.

Responsiveness is another key. 3-4 are so clunky and slow it’s extremely frustrating. Heavyweights move like they are in molasses. Tune the damage and stamina so it can be realistically fast. Heavyweights don’t move like that in real life I honestly don’t know how you guys play the heavy classes at all. Have you ever seen anyone (elias theodoro aside) that takes over a full second to throw a kick? Insane

Fix the dropped inputs and lag ffs guys.

Ground game needs more than just denials and a couple positions. There needs to be hand grabbing, better defensive options and especially the end of GA. Momentum and physics can help with the movement here too.

Pretty much all of the problems relate to the animation based gameplay. Rpm sucks guys it just does.

Won’t be getting 4 ever. Maybe another dev can pick up a different franchise like onefc or even an unbranded mma game. We need competition to drive better results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Its time to talk about what we want from ufc 5

It's really not lol. There's still expected to be post-launch updates for months.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

Save it
We already try for six years more
They don't listen and change
Old 09-16-2020, 09:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
It's really not lol. There's still expected to be post-launch updates for months.
You do realize developing a game starts years before release right? Like usually right after the release of the current game
Old 09-16-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martialxd
Save it
We already try for six years more
They don't listen and change
I hear you. Feels like every game just gets better in one way and worse in 4 ways. The decisions for the modes and presentation of 4 are mind boggling and poor let alone gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
You do realize developing a game starts years before release right? Like usually right after the release of the current game
It's way less relevant than the post-launch patches at the moment.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticFighter
I hear you. Feels like every game just gets better in one way and worse in 4 ways. The decisions for the modes and presentation of 4 are mind boggling and poor let alone gameplay
It’s not mind boggling. This game was not made for MMA fans.

It’s sold well and that’s all that matters. I expect UFC 5 to be even more arcadey.

It is what it is.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #8
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I would love this revolutionary feature where you can create CAF's and actually give them the stats and moves you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »