Home

Ground & Pound and Clinch

This is a discussion on Ground & Pound and Clinch within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ground & Pound and Clinch

Ground and pound appears to be becoming an issue on this game.

Once someone knows how to cancel transitions in its entirety then it’s an absolutely pointless exercise trying to get out of it and it makes the whole game pointless.

Also when on top I’ve noticed that straights don’t do much but the hooks need to be buffed a little because they’re a little OP.

There also needs to be a clinch block button like on UFC 3 because then dodging and pushing them away doesn’t work as often as it should.

I know I’m going to get a lot of people on here who try and defend the ground game, but the point is that once you know how to completely block peoples transitions then if you’re the person on the ground it is completely pointless even bothering to try and escape and this is becoming an issue with people who can’t stand and fight and use crotch sniffing as an easy way out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2020, 10:45 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Ground & Pound and Clinch

Amazing how people complained in the past that the ground game was just stalling and waiting for animations. Not only did they not address that but they gimped the overall meta by removing hammerfist, elbows, and the ability to transition in certain positions as the top fighter
Old 09-13-2020, 03:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Ground & Pound and Clinch

Gorund and pound keeps me away from the game. I played ufc3 long time after realese, however with 4 i have already stopped.
Ground and pound is not responsive, cant transition on the bottom when top fighter is postured... There is no risk at all for posturing up on the ground.
On top of that, they kept that damn grapplijg mechanics on the ground. We got all animations, just terrible bad and difficulf system mechanics on the ground. Fake transitions.... They say they aim casuals... Lol. I am one of them and ground game is not fun at all.
I like the game until it goes to the ground

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »