Home

Unsung Beasts at Bat

This is a discussion on Unsung Beasts at Bat within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2020, 12:52 AM   #1
Rookie

TheHusbandGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Unsung Beasts at Bat

Who are some unsung beasts at bat that have either a low rating that you absolutely rake with, or are unheard of power hitters?

Ryan O'Hearn from the Royals is a certified sleeper. I crush everything with him.

Joc Pederson! A clutch pitch-hitter. He's never let me down on the long ball. I think it's his batting stance and that he bats on the left side. I don't care if he's a 75 rank. He stays on my Diamond Dynasty squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Unsung Beasts at Bat

Hanser Alberto is my guy this year. Chris Davis has played like crap the last few Shows but this year, with an Overall of 59, I've had a semi-resurgence with him and he's played over his head. at the start of the season I benched him and went with Mancini at first. then I started platooning Davis in LF. eventually I took off the platoon and he earned the LF job as his own. HOWEVER, at $23 mill, he still waay overpaid

A Work in Progress
Old 09-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
Rookie

lilrosati56's Arena

OVR: 3

With the Pirates, Cole Tucker....no power, but a consistent producer....switch hitter and a stance that I like.

Also, Guillermo Heredia is a really good platoon option against lefties.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

My 2015 1rst rounder was a left handed batting catcher. He's been unremarkable for years down in the minors, never playing to his potential and never really progressing much. I added him to the 40 man to prevent him from getting sniped in the rule 5 draft, but more because I had the room then because I felt he was really going to make it.

September roles around and I'm so desperate for help at 1B (thanks to injuries) that I call him up. I wasn't expecting much, as he struggled in AA this year, and I just needed a body to man the position and help protect the few healthy infielders I have left.

He's been one of my best bats in September. I'm kind of sad I can't take the momentum he's brought into the post-season. At least my 1B starter of choice will be back for the post season.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-07-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Pro

GainzBro's Arena

In my '19 carryover Chris Shaw of the Giant's crushed 20 bombs in 250 AB's.
In my 80's fantasy franchise Tony Fernandez is a walking multi-hit game. No power at all but batting .330 in 41 games and .413 w/RISP.
Lately 38 year old Joe Morgan has been a beast launching 5 bombs in a 10 game stretch, slugging over .500 on the season.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2020, 12:20 PM   #6
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

I found Reese McGuire is a hitting beast in this game. Hit everything even had power. By both me and the cpu when I watch some games. He’s hit almost every game he plays. Usually multi hit games.

In the past, Pablo Sandoval was hitting bombs after bombs for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2020, 02:29 PM   #7
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

I’m killing it with Billy McKinney which makes me particularly happy cause he’s a childhood friend.

I see the ball so much better as a lefty (as most do) and do some damage with hitters like Billy or Mitch Moreland, Brock Holt, Leury Garcia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #8
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Hanser Alberto is my guy this year. Chris Davis has played like crap the last few Shows but this year, with an Overall of 59, I've had a semi-resurgence with him and he's played over his head. at the start of the season I benched him and went with Mancini at first. then I started platooning Davis in LF. eventually I took off the platoon and he earned the LF job as his own. HOWEVER, at $23 mill, he still waay overpaid

Alberto was money for me this year as well, and his defense was also solid at 3rd... Unfortunately I had to trade him away for pitching help. I released Davis at the beginning of May.

But the two surprises for me offensively are Wilkerson in LF and Smith Jr at DH, they are tearing the cover of ball for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »