Home

Button Shooting

This is a discussion on Button Shooting within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2020, 03:41 AM   #1
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

OVR: 0
Button Shooting

I'm an old school 2K player so I use the shot button. I know users like me are penalized for whatever reason, but this year it's been over the top. What's the solution for shot button users? And I mean moreso for MyTeam and real NBA players that shouldn't be missing such a high percentage of wide open slightly late/slightly early shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 04:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Button Shooting

Same here. I strongly dislike new aiming system (unintuitive for me to say the least) so i turned it off, along with the shot meter. Clanking shots left and right.
I do like the idea of shooting being more harder and challenging, but this is OTT. Game plays like 80's NBA, just drive to the rim for layups, dunks and FT and shoot 5 triples per game at most.
In my opinion, slightly early/ late WIDE OPEN releases should go in at higher clip. Either by making green window a bit larger or tweaking make percentage for slightly off the center shots. Whatever, i don't know.
Until that happens, i consider shooting to be broken.

Last edited by lmamone; 09-06-2020 at 04:36 AM.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:51 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I don't know if it's a penalty as much as the other shooting was implemented to address lag and people who suck at timing. Timing definitely got harder, though.

I'd prefer it this way, not gonna say broken, gonna stay with regular button shooting and stick timing, as it's what I know. Definitely dislike the new meter, in that it has that t and I'M ON IT and it's not letting me make the shot. It's frustrating if they are going to go that far. More frustrating that a 'full white.'

-Smak
Old 09-06-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1

They made shooting much harder then gave aiming a big boost, so yeah, they nerfed button shooting.

No one in my crew uses aiming and I have yet to see someone online use it effectively. The only people I've seen shoot effectively are heavily badged up guys with high 80s+ shooting.
Old 09-06-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Practice makes perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #6
Rookie

2KU says there's a bonus for timing it right with the meter off. I'm like 9-2 in myteam using the button. I play on broadcast and use camera relative so the new shooting mechanics aren't really an option for me.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #7
Rookie

The inability to turn off shot timing for layups is insane. Why do people that enjoy single player modes need to have their experience ruined for struggle Online players? I've never had so many missed layups as I do in 2k21. The shot timing is whatever since I play with the meter off anyway, I use the controller vibration to shoot jumpshots. But not being able to make layups because 2k decided that they needed to have a 'skill gap' for swagged out online players that buy 200$ of VC every year is hilarious and embarassing.

Another game slowly being ruined by online game modes being the focus.

Hopefully next-gen has different mechanics. I'm not enjoying current gen at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »