Home

JB's 2K21 (PS4) & (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on JB's 2K21 (PS4) & (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
JB's 2K21 (PS4) & (PS5) Fictional Draft Classes

With the game dropping tonight I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be doing draft classes again this year.

If you used my draft classes on 2k18, 2k19 or 2K20 you already know what to expect. If not, here's a brief overview...

I've done research on the last 10 NBA drafts to gauge how many elite players, star players, fringe stars, starters, role players, bench players should be in each draft class and will have the draft classes that I do be similar to those. I've also looked at the amount of upper and lower classmen that enter the draft each year, along with International players and will incorporate that into the draft classes as well.

Drafts will include gems, busts, and sleepers. I'll incorporate this by using the Peak Start - peak end - and potential.

An example would be, 3 top players in a draft all with Potential's over 95+...they would likely get drafted 1, 2, 3. One may turn out to be a bust and not get close to that 95 overall, maybe stay at their current overall or just progress a few points, or one may become a quality player and reach high 70's - low 80's overall and the third guy might live up to his potential and reach that 95+ overall.

That's just an example of how things could turn out in that type of scenario.

The plan for this year is to put out at least 5 draft classes (maybe up to 10--depending on if I'm able to get a PS5 or not and how the next Gen game is) --however I won't be doing the usual season updates for the players, I'll just be doing a scouting report on the top 50 players in the draft.

I'd like to thank Bigc45157 once again who has helped out with names of prospects along with player types for some of the prospects.

DC1: (PS4 & PS5)
user id: johnbaden
File name: DC-1
Scouting Report: https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

DC2: (PS4 & PS5)
User ID: johnbaden
File name: DC-2

DC3: (PS4 & PS5)
File name: DC-3

DC4: (PS4 & PS5)
File Name: DC-4

DC5: (PS5 only)
File Name: DC-5

Last edited by jeb4056; 01-18-2021 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JB's 2K21 (PS4) Fictional Draft Classes

Love it! I was just about to put out my post, so I'll be sure to link yours as well.

Hoping we get some new hairstyles, body types, no more age glitch, etc. to work with this year.

Also hoping that this boom bust progression system they use this year makes it easy for us to create players how we want.

Can't wait to see your work. Thanks again
Old 09-12-2020, 01:50 AM   #3
MVP

marshdaddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
With the game dropping tonight I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be doing draft classes again this year.

If you used my draft classes on 2k18, 2k19 or 2K20 you already know what to expect. If not, here's a brief overview...

I've done research on the last 10 NBA drafts to gauge how many elite players, star players, fringe stars, starters, role players, bench players should be in each draft class and will have the draft classes that I do be similar to those. I've also looked at the amount of upper and lower classmen that enter the draft each year, along with International players and will incorporate that into the draft classes as well.

Drafts will include gems, busts, and sleepers. I'll incorporate this by using the Peak Start - peak end - and potential.

An example would be, 3 top players in a draft all with Potential's over 95+...they would likely get drafted 1, 2, 3. One may turn out to be a bust and not get close to that 95 overall, maybe stay at their current overall or just progress a few points, or one may become a quality player and reach high 70's - low 80's overall and the third guy might live up to his potential and reach that 95+ overall.

That's just an example of how things could turn out in that type of scenario.

The plan for this year is to put out at least 5 draft classes (maybe up to 10--depending on if I'm able to get a PS5 or not and how the next Gen game is) --however I won't be doing the usual season updates for the players, I'll just be doing a scouting report on the top 50 players in the draft.

I'd like to thank Bigc45157 once again who has helped out with names of prospects along with player types for some of the prospects.

DC1:

user id:

File name: DC-1

Scouting Report:

DC2:

User ID:

File name: DC-2

Scouting Report:

DC3:

User ID:

File name: DC-3

Scouting Report:

DC4:

User ID:

File Name: DC-4

Scouting Report:

DC5:

User ID:

File Name: DC-5

Scouting Report:

Love your work my man. For those of us still on 2k20, do you have a spreadsheet or anything you use to make these that someone could use to put these on 2k20 as well? Not asking you to put them there, but if you have a database of ratings, tendencies, etc. for the classes, I’d be happy to put these out on 2k20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshdaddy
Love your work my man. For those of us still on 2k20, do you have a spreadsheet or anything you use to make these that someone could use to put these on 2k20 as well? Not asking you to put them there, but if you have a database of ratings, tendencies, etc. for the classes, I’d be happy to put these out on 2k20.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't have a spreadsheet with that info, just initial rating, peak start/end, age, ht, weight, school
Old 09-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Pro

Draft Class 1 has been uploaded. Here is the Scouting Report:

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2020, 04:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Draft Class 1 has been uploaded. Here is the Scouting Report:

https://docs.google.com/presentation...it?usp=sharing

For some reason, I cannot access the scouting report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsantos
For some reason, I cannot access the scouting report.

Can you try again and let me know if you still can't access it, if not I'll get a new link.

Thanks,
Old 09-17-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Can you try again and let me know if you still can't access it, if not I'll get a new link.

Thanks,

Got access! Thanks, man. Awesome work as usual.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »