Home

Did the 'go after QB scramble' button return? (D players rushing QB mid-play)

This is a discussion on Did the 'go after QB scramble' button return? (D players rushing QB mid-play) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2020, 04:26 AM   #1
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2
Did the 'go after QB scramble' button return? (D players rushing QB mid-play)

Not really having any issues with gameplay other than 1 particular thing. In 3 games tonight I analyzed why some of my defensive plays blew up and I realized (both in man and in zone) DB's or MLB's were coming out of their assignment to rush the QB in the middle of the play.

I remember years ago this used to be the left or right stick pushed in, and thought maybe I was triggering it doing the new dline moves but I couldn't nail down if it was or not before I got off for the evening. Not talking like biting on the PA or anything, like halfway into a play at times. I didn't find any mention of this button back on the controls screen and could have sworn it was removed some time ago. So trying to figure out if I'm triggering this or if it's a bug
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2020, 07:45 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Did the 'go after QB scramble' button return? (D players rushing QB mid-play)

It’s def still there, had to use it multiple times last game against Cam. I’m not sure which on it is so I just click both sticks in
Old 08-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Did the 'go after QB scramble' button return? (D players rushing QB mid-play)

Right stick click.
Old 08-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Maxil's Arena

OVR: 2

huh, thanks guys. Thought it might have been that. I knew I was heavy on the sticks from playing GTA as I'm always accidentally honking the horn when driving wildly, but has that been in since it's inception in madden? Because I don't recall having that problem before this year. Go figure it's not on the control page either
Old 08-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I must have been accidentally clicking down without knowing while performing pass rush moves usering my d-line. I would constantly have players leave their zone or man assignment and beeline towards the line of scrimmage.

Clicking R3 works great when you're spying a QB and they decide to run.

I went into practice mode to make sure I was not heavy handing the controller and for the most part I think that was the problem but it still happens even without clicking R3 or doing anything with the right stick. Haven't narrowed down any particular coverage and it's not like players are getting fooled by play action. Just seems random.

Right now I'm just chalking it up to blown coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

OVR: 0

I know in M20 man coverage can be kind of screwey when you have a TE or HB doing a block - delayed route. I've noticed sometimes the defenders will just cover their man while they're blocking or they will rush the passer and leave their man open. It could be something like that that's causing it.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Now I'm thinking this must be bugged. Played the Texans and every time I usered a d-lineman either the RB or TE was wide open because his man would either blitz or stop playing man and go into a zone animation.

I was just labbing to see what would happen and DeShaun Watson was 16 for 16. Had them in 3rd and very long twice and I had a cornerback in man on the TE and he was in perfect coverage and just stopped and turned like he was doing a zone drop at about 10 yards and left the TE wide open for no reason.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #8
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I won a game online because the guy's corner came in on a blitz and left John Brown completely unguarded with less than a minute left in the 4th. It's not inconceivable that he called that play, but he was usering a DT at the time and it seems plausible that he was hit by the same bug.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »