Home

Does ufc 4 mimic a real fight to you?

This is a discussion on Does ufc 4 mimic a real fight to you? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: does ufc 4 represent the sport well in as a game?
yes 7 12.73%
no 48 87.27%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

yes or no and why do you believe it does or doesnt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 07:16 PM   #2
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

It does but depends heavily on who and which CPU are you fighting. Also how you fight/play the game yourself
Old 08-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Does ufc 4 mimic a real fight to you?

No it doesn't. In certain aspects it does, but not often. Here's why....

1. Heavy Pressure Fighting is overly successful versus picking your strikes smartly.

2. Holding Block is a more useful defense than moving your head, it should be the opposite. Look at a real fight, how often do people take bunches of strikes against their forearms versus just moving out of the way or understanding range.

3. In real grappling, no one is waiting for a transition so you can block it and gain stamina advantage. You can't open and close your guard by choice (UFC Undisputed 3 allows you to).

4. Ground and Pound is dangerous in real life, UFC 4's GnP is dangerous as well, but if I'm covering up and your punch hits my bicep/shoulder area, that SHOULD NOT knock me out. On UFC Undisputed 3, they had physics come into play where the strikes from Ground n Pound would slip through and rock and/or KO you.

5. Why can't you get rocked on the ground?

6. Why can't you catch Ground n Pound strikes into submissions? UFC Undisputed 3 allowed you to catch strikes into submissions.

7. Being overly aggressive on the feet should result in more stamina loss and higher vulnerability to getting caught by a counter strike.

8. If you spam the clinch to throw knees and I'm tee'ing off on your head with hooks and hitting you in the body, the clinch should break quicker and/or you should get rocked or even dropped (Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman).

9. If I'm out of range to not get hit by a front kick or head kick, don't slide the opponent into place so it still LOOKS like it landed, when it didn't. (Hit Detection needs work)

10. Transition Blocking shouldn't be highly favoring those players who have PS 4 Pro and a Gaming Monitor / Xbox One X and a Gaming Monitor. I only have a regular PS4 and I know that the players who have a Pro or One X have a grappling advantage when it comes to denying transitions. (Make it an even playing field, no matter what system you're using)

Last edited by 12_Adriyel_12; 08-24-2020 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #4
Banned

No. Never seen anyone throw overhands to leg kicks or vice versa. Never seen jab straight spinning elbow uppercut. Never seen anyone launch a flying knee when badly rocked. Never seen anyone fire a 1,2,1,2 in the middle of my combo on hit. Never seen Amanda Nunes throw 164 strikes in a round. Never seen Israel Aldensanya attempt 8 TDs per round. Never seen someone grab a single collar in the midst of eating flush hooks
Old 08-23-2020, 08:31 PM   #5
Rookie

No for the following reasons:

Infinite stamina
Infinite damage
Dozens of rocks
Little control of positioning in grapple/clinch
Playing in a Sim style is punished rather than rewarded
Every knockout is the same
Dudes taunt during the fighter ready check
Still fight dudes 5 times in Career mode and get tweets saying "lucky punch, not impressed" when you are 35-0 and hold all the damn records
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 09:35 PM   #6
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Nope!! Especially ground and pound and Tko’s.....smh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2020, 11:35 PM   #7
MVP

Most of the stuff people are saying in this thread are the fault of the people you're playing against, not the game itself. If you're playing a sports game online against random players and expecting to see realism, your expectations are way too high.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:53 AM   #8
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
Most of the stuff people are saying in this thread are the fault of the people you're playing against, not the game itself. If you're playing a sports game online against random players and expecting to see realism, your expectations are way too high.
Well, I think a large part of what they mean is mechanically it doesn't mirror a real fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »