Home

Dropped inputs/delays and pressure fighting

This is a discussion on Dropped inputs/delays and pressure fighting within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2020, 10:29 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Dropped inputs/delays and pressure fighting

Recently I’ve come to notice I’m eating a lot more shots than I use to in UFC 3.. I have decent head movement and distance management, but in this iteration it seems to have gone down... I find trying to counter isn’t as effective, often resulting in dropped inputs and me standing there eating 2-3 shots before I can block after seeing no strikes thrown.. although I believe this has to do with the ability to now block while swaying... apparently if you’re blocking, the only counter you are able to do is an elbow, maybe a knee I haven’t tried. If you sway while blocking, avoiding the jab and try to counter with a hook, uppercut, or even a straight, your fighter just stares at them waiting for the next strike. Is there a reason for this?

I feel like takedowns should be more chainable as well off of combos, or more responsive perhaps? I see there are times when I’ll throw a strike or two and try to shoot but just stand there and get tagged instead... there also needs to be a change when it comes to distance fighting.. 3 was in an alright spot, but 4 seems to have reverted back to the UFC 3 beta where it’s very difficult to control distance and everyone essentially fightin in a phone booth... push kicks etc don’t seem to work that well against someone coming forward or blocking..

Anyone else experiencing this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 03:25 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dropped inputs/delays and pressure fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticGabriel
Recently I’ve come to notice I’m eating a lot more shots than I use to in UFC 3.. I have decent head movement and distance management, but in this iteration it seems to have gone down... I find trying to counter isn’t as effective, often resulting in dropped inputs and me standing there eating 2-3 shots before I can block after seeing no strikes thrown.. although I believe this has to do with the ability to now block while swaying... apparently if you’re blocking, the only counter you are able to do is an elbow, maybe a knee I haven’t tried. If you sway while blocking, avoiding the jab and try to counter with a hook, uppercut, or even a straight, your fighter just stares at them waiting for the next strike. Is there a reason for this?

I feel like takedowns should be more chainable as well off of combos, or more responsive perhaps? I see there are times when I’ll throw a strike or two and try to shoot but just stand there and get tagged instead... there also needs to be a change when it comes to distance fighting.. 3 was in an alright spot, but 4 seems to have reverted back to the UFC 3 beta where it’s very difficult to control distance and everyone essentially fightin in a phone booth... push kicks etc don’t seem to work that well against someone coming forward or blocking..

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same problems.
I,m a striker
In ufc 3 i was in div 6,here i not go over 1500
Old 08-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah I'm struggling with this. I was quite a good striker in UFC 3 but UFC 4 striking just hasn't really clicked for me yet. In UFC 3 I could time a straight > left hook to catch them as they pressured forward in their combo and it would interrupt and hurt them but I try similar tactics in UFC 4 and it's like little pillows on their face whilst their combo powers through to hurt me.

I do typically play weaker strikers and 99% of ranked is vs Holloway/Volk/Adesanya/Whittaker etc so perhaps the ratings/move levels have a much bigger impact this time.

Either way I'm finding it hard to adjust.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:14 AM   #4
MVP

The issue seems to be that since block is weaker as at now. It commits to strikes before breaking making it feel like you can't move your head.

I want to believe it is being worked on. Especially the 1-2 it needs to be nerfed .

Counters need to be buffed .

Also reactions to be being hit need to be looked , it's very suspect at the moment in my opinion.

If you eat a 1-2 and any other strike and back in a straight line ( death sentence in real life ) your opponent can jab to close distance and throw four hooks , the last hook will hurt , and if you are pinned against the cage which face it you likely are , that's a Knock down.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
Just started!

Having exactly the same experience. I'll often make the right inputs, but my fighter just stands there getting peppered with 1-2s.

Chaining takedowns off combos is how I like to play, but there's very little fluidity. Frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
Pro

Part of that is most likely due to holding block while using head movement, it locks you out of any punches, so unless you throw an elbow you’ll sit there dumbfounded and eat a shot or two before you can react.

Block is too weak, or pressure fighting is too rewarding with little risk. A 1-2 essentially breaks your block, push kicks work maybe half the time if it doesn’t convert into a knee instead. Head movement and lunging are too risky with the hook spam. Then you add lunging and the delay on striking at times or the camera spinning and making you far out of range.

Something has to be done, feels like we took 2 steps back from UFC 3 with striking..
Old 08-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Pro

A couple of things are going on here but I want to focus on one issue that no one seems to be picking up on and causing some of the unresponsive situations. The controls should be locked to ABSOLUTE meaning every time I push down on right stick i sway to my right when facing right, forward is down, up is to the left, and left is away. However the controls are actually CAMERA RELATIVE it seems to me so that when the camera is not straight on those inputs need to be pushed at a different angle. I assume most players will always push the analog in the same patterns regardless of the camera meaning occasionally nothing will happen and you will stand straight up eating punches, or a wrong sway/lunge will come out and can be very costly. This needs to be changed so the the controls are on ABSOLUTE.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:22 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
A couple of things are going on here but I want to focus on one issue that no one seems to be picking up on and causing some of the unresponsive situations. The controls should be locked to ABSOLUTE meaning every time I push down on right stick i sway to my right when facing right, forward is down, up is to the left, and left is away. However the controls are actually CAMERA RELATIVE it seems to me so that when the camera is not straight on those inputs need to be pushed at a different angle. I assume most players will always push the analog in the same patterns regardless of the camera meaning occasionally nothing will happen and you will stand straight up eating punches, or a wrong sway/lunge will come out and can be very costly. This needs to be changed so the the controls are on ABSOLUTE.
Good idea
100% rigth

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »