Home

Endless Piggy Back, Clinching and takedown spam

This is a discussion on Endless Piggy Back, Clinching and takedown spam within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Endless Piggy Back, Clinching and takedown spam

Dear dev team,

1st I give you a lot of credits to the free flow movement and strike system overhaul, this is the 1st time in 4 games where it's not turn based combat in physics loop.

But on grappling & clinching, why is so hard to grasp that if a move/system that is too easy to execute and too efficient to do damage, then it needs a proper counter or be properly punished if spammed too many times?

Take down and clinching at moment are nearly impossible to defend when most player's 1 finger always at the button, unless it's a wrestling & BJJ sim, where you only expect your opponent to do take downs. or any spammer can mix it up and always success at take down attempt. Do you have an internal data tracking system to see the success rate of takedowns in your game? if not, I suggest to add one

And why R2 R1 submission is so easy to success on offenders side? whenever offender failed one attempt, why there's no stamina penalty added(as in real life)? this submission is extremely easy to success and very spammable.

Last edited by Windtear; 08-19-2020 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Endless Piggy Back, Clinching and takedown spam

alot of tuning is needed
Old 08-20-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
Rookie

That sounds absolutely miserable to play against. Glad I didn’t buy the game til these issues are fixed
Old 08-21-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

You write this as if you have no options against the clinch. You can punish your opponent both during the attempt and after you've been grabbed. Sure, things about the clinch could be improved, but you're not just a helpless victim.

UFC 4 is a lot more forgiving to the defender than the last game was. The only difference is that most people just held you against the cage before, but now they can hurt you quickly if given the opportunity.

Anticipate their grabs, move your head, and make them pay! Or better yet, take the fight where you want it. Most players who clinch repeatedly are garbage. Since they feel it's an easy way to inflict damage and you can't stop them, they're not going to change their approach. Take them down, or do something other than what you're doing.

As a fight ender, the clinch is only useful if your opponent is already hurt. You're not going to get KO'd from one knee. With that in mind, stay patient and don't freak out every time you get grabbed. Also, you can always mix in your own clinch every now and then just to let them know they can get the same treatment. This often slows them down a lot.

The LT+RT submissions are very well-tuned, IMO. I think I've been submitted once since the game was released. I mentioned it in another thread, but stamina management is VERY important with subs. If your transitions are getting denied before the sub attempt, you're making it much easier for them to finish you. Don't give them a freebie, stay patient. Dudes just slap on subs without thinking, it's easy to escape them.

We have tools in this game... use them. You also have to stay level-headed, not get emotional during tough spots, and try to figure out what you can do to fix your situation. It can't always be a matter of pointing the finger elsewhere.

And sometimes, your opponent is just better than you. Accept that, move on to the next fight, and take lessons from the L's.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Finally played the game yesterday, what a laughable joke. Seriously, no wonder GPD bailed. The writing is on the wall!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Lol I played one the other day, I had full cardio and my opponent jumped on my back and completely drained my cardio whilst having none.

It was at that point I realized this game is even more broken, unfinished and rushed out the door

Thank god I didn't pay a dime for this piece of crap game though hahaha
Old 08-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #7
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

I didn’t think EA could have a worse release then battlefield 4, then this dev team came along and said hold my beer.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
You write this as if you have no options against the clinch. You can punish your opponent both during the attempt and after you've been grabbed. Sure, things about the clinch could be improved, but you're not just a helpless victim.

UFC 4 is a lot more forgiving to the defender than the last game was. The only difference is that most people just held you against the cage before, but now they can hurt you quickly if given the opportunity.

Anticipate their grabs, move your head, and make them pay! Or better yet, take the fight where you want it. Most players who clinch repeatedly are garbage. Since they feel it's an easy way to inflict damage and you can't stop them, they're not going to change their approach. Take them down, or do something other than what you're doing.

As a fight ender, the clinch is only useful if your opponent is already hurt. You're not going to get KO'd from one knee. With that in mind, stay patient and don't freak out every time you get grabbed. Also, you can always mix in your own clinch every now and then just to let them know they can get the same treatment. This often slows them down a lot.

The LT+RT submissions are very well-tuned, IMO. I think I've been submitted once since the game was released. I mentioned it in another thread, but stamina management is VERY important with subs. If your transitions are getting denied before the sub attempt, you're making it much easier for them to finish you. Don't give them a freebie, stay patient. Dudes just slap on subs without thinking, it's easy to escape them.

We have tools in this game... use them. You also have to stay level-headed, not get emotional during tough spots, and try to figure out what you can do to fix your situation. It can't always be a matter of pointing the finger elsewhere.

And sometimes, your opponent is just better than you. Accept that, move on to the next fight, and take lessons from the L's.
>held against the cage was worst.

thats just wrong. if you got pinned and successfully denied takedown attempts you would drain the opponents stamina, this was the balance.

>just dodge it bro

do you realise how risky that can be against a good player? you are just setting yourself up for hooks and cant be punished as easy as say slipping a jab, they can usually get their block back up unless its timed perfectly

>just do the same thing back to them or take them down

look OP is just bringing up an issue with the game im sure he doesnt want to just start doing the same thing he thinks is cheesy and broken back to him.
there should be counters and moves to do, that punish a certain playstyle other than resorting to the same tactic. do we want to just end up with another knee elbow problem again?

stop just shooting down peoples criticisms and inputs on whats wrong with the game. basically saying to people ''get gud'' is not the answer. this game would just remain the same otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »