Home

Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

This is a discussion on Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

Three round fight

Me: 346 total strikes/ 11 KNOCKDOWNS

Opponent: 279 total strikes/ 1 Knockdown

The both of us still had half a stamina bar by the end of the fight.

I don't want to hear ANY excuses. This is their FOURTH game. EA please give up the franchise to someone else. This is absolutely pathetic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 10:16 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Embarrassment of a combat sports simulator

I'm confused. Doesn't it drain more stamina if you throw more strikes? If so you should've had less stamina. I doubt stamina drains from getting floored, unless it's by body kicks/punches.

I've heard some criticism that there's too many knockdowns. But imo, that's good as it profongs the fight so it can be more strategic. So that's just a gameplay consideration.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

bro relax man the day one patch will fix a lot of issues, excessive amount of strikes being thrown been happening since the first game and lastly this is a VIDEO GAME!!!!! MMA is too much of a unpredictable and wild sport to be simulated in a video game perfectly
Old 08-11-2020, 11:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldhardy
bro relax man the day one patch will fix a lot of issues, excessive amount of strikes being thrown been happening since the first game and lastly this is a VIDEO GAME!!!!! MMA is too much of a unpredictable and wild sport to be simulated in a video game perfectly
Doesn't have to be perfect but why did UD3, EA MMA and Fight Night simulate fighting so much better?
Old 08-12-2020, 12:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldhardy
Dude this is the 4TH GAME IN SIX YEARS! The 4th game! Every issue that this community voiced and put on notice has not been addressed properly at all! We shouldn't have to wait for a day one patch for issues that they should already have on lock, especially when it comes to features like stamina. They went completely backwards from UFC 3. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 12:36 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelblick24
Doesn't have to be perfect but why did UD3, EA MMA and Fight Night simulate fighting so much better?
I have no idea why they can't replicate or even expand on the features those games provided. Smh
Old 08-12-2020, 01:49 AM   #7
Rookie

11 knockdowns is a joke and something you won't see happen in real. 11 knockdowns and not a tko? Lmaoooo joke of a game
Old 08-13-2020, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

jdeckelmansr's Arena

I find it hard to believe this is a simulation. I feel over the years that is where we were headed. Unfortunately, it feels like an arcade version of UFC with some simulation aspects. Definitely a step in the wrong direction, from the presentation to the menus and added fight modes. Then you take away Ultimate Team? Majority of the feedback was in regards to fighter skins, fighter styles, customization and pay to win. A large portion of people wanted the UFC 2 UT brought back. Only CAFs with no limits on fighting styles. And most were okay with buying packs like the ones in UFC 2. So instead of listening to the consumer; you erase it and replace it with more "arcadic modes"? I understand trying to pull in the casuals for sales but the simulation fans are the ones that will support the longevity.

I have been playing the "EA Access" demo. I actually had it on a fight now CPU vs. CPU, just to see how the AI played one another. This was right after I played UFC 3. After getting side tracked and coming back to my TV, I thought I was watching UFC 3 until the clinch started. That realization reiterated to me, this was just UFC 3.5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »