Home

Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4

This is a discussion on Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4

I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks about the GnP in its current state. I love all of the additions to grappling and wrestling, but i do think the GnP needs more balancing.

Boiler569 recommended that the GnP strikes be slowed down so both the attacker and defender can actually see what's happening and respond properly. After heavily testing the GnP, i agree with this 100%. It's just a little too easy to posture up and queue up random strikes that the defender can't see coming.
And this is coming from me winning most fights from GnP and grappling. I'd just like to see it more balanced.

If they don't slow down the strikes then they need to make the posture up denial window bigger. I don't want them to completely nerf the GnP to death because its amazing to be able to finish the fight on the ground like Khabib, Tito Ortiz, and Chael Sonnen. But it just needs a little more tuning where you have to think about your strikes and the defenders reaction to them.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 08:28 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Your thoughts on GnP in UFC 4

I think, GnP is fine. It should be dangerous. I really don't want GnP to be slow/sluggish like UFC2/3. but GnP needs to be more powerful because it feels like a baby punch.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Don’t slow it down. Work on making defense more responsive. And as someone else suggested, maybe make the posture up transition a little more difficult to achieve.

But I’ve been wanting fast, frantic GnP forever

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-11-2020, 08:34 AM   #4
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
I think, GnP is fine. It should be dangerous. I really don't want GnP to be slow/sluggish like UFC2/3. but GnP needs to be more powerful because it feels like a baby punch.
Idk bud, if you throw the right strikes you can easily break their block and KO someone after only posturing up like twice. The power is there with the right combos

Even if they keep it this way, i feel like you should have to work harder to get the posture up. If you can get in that position on someone after working for it, then you deserve to rain down big punches.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-11-2020, 08:40 AM   #5
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

I seem to have a hard time defending gnp from backside position, but i think i just have to practice more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 08:41 AM   #6
Rookie

It sucks.

Mount feels safer than FG and HG.

The damage in mount might be higher but it’s way easier to transition out. Transitioning someone from half guard to full guard gets you no extra safety each position is just as powerful.

Guard should be a relatively neutral position, currently it feels like the game is 1-2 posture up away from a tko. Even when you know the posture up is coming , it’s still pretty hard to deny.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #7
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Offensive GnP is better! The punches come out faster and more realistic. I wouldn't say it's OP, but if you get caught in full mount or knee on belly you're in for some trouble. That said, the GnP finish is kind of lame. It always ends up with someone laying limp in the ground. There should 100% be ref interaction and stoppages while a conscious opponent who is barely blocking repeated blows has the fight called on him.

Defensive GnP is...i dunno. I feel like i'm very limited as to what I can do when someone postures up and starts throwing shots. My transition hud isn't there. All I can do is block and sway and it feels kinda clunky...or maybe unresponsive is the right word. I should instantly have a hud to buck or give up my back. I'm not a huge fan of having the game automatically breakdown postures or escape a GnP attack. I'll be sitting there fiddling with my controls and boom...my character does something I didn't input. It removes immersion. I 100% get a "oh crap" feeling when someone gets mount on me which is awesome. I think catching/parry strikes when someone is GnP may help balance GnP defense.

Last edited by Irish0331; 08-11-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
Pro

Defensivly I have no idea how to defend GnP. I'm sure it's just me not uinderstanding the new system, but I can't seem to understand it at all. I can only block for maybe 2-3 shots before my block is gone and the sways seem absolutely useless and/or broken. Also, I was playing my friend online and we were both trying to learn the GnP controls so I let him drop me and get on top. My friend put his controller down and still punched me a good 5-6 times. I don't know if that's input lag, regular lag, or what, but my friend felt like he had no control over what his character was doing. Also find it's way too easy to get into a GnP position. If they're going to make it that deadly, there should be more then one transition to get ino a postured position

Love the game so far, but the GnP is by far the worst part of the experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »