Home

EA Denies That Scripting, DDA or Momentum Exist in FIFA

This is a discussion on EA Denies That Scripting, DDA or Momentum Exist in FIFA within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
EA Denies That Scripting, DDA or Momentum Exist in FIFA

The FIFA Direct Twitter handle went on a tweet onslaught a couple days ago to coincide...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Denies That Scripting, DDA or Momentum Exist in FIFA

Sorry they can deny it all they want but I call Bull!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
Our eyes don't lie. EA, on the other hand, does. We all see these occurrences repeatedly happen. No amount of yelling by them will achieve anything until the occurrences stop happening in-game. And the fact that they went the route of denying instead of fixing the problem has convinced me to once again not buy a FIFA game for the 6th or 7th consecutive year. I'll try it when it hits EA Access.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

While it is a denial, it did come with an explanation. Whether or not you believe it is fair enough, but RNG is in these games either way, which is going to lead to random results, which thus results in theories existing.

I don't think any true DDA exists, for the record. I just think FIFA has quite a bit of randomness with so many AI players out there, and we're always going to remember when we were screwed by randomness and not the countless other times we were not -- so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts if you're prone to go down that path.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
This actually blows my mind. I have believed for a long time that scripting/momentum/whatever is something that needs to exist in the current state of AI programming or we would be back in the Sega Genesis days of going undefeated in single player games. I also believe the RNG aspect to an extent* but to come out and adamantly deny its existence is honestly crazy.

I feel like the argument usually devolves into semantics as any one term for it can somewhat be disputed but I have zero doubt it's there , whatever you want to call it. RNG says to me a bad pass might happen or an errant shot. Here is the definition I found:

A*Random Number Generator*(RNG) is a mathematical construct, either computational or as a hardware device that is designed to generate a random set of numbers that should not display any distinguishable patterns in their appearance or generation, hence the word random.*Jul 7, 2019

The part that sticks out is "that should not see any distinguishable pattern".* Explaining what most of us see in FIFA with this definition just doesn't work for me.* I routinely have games playing as Man U where my players simply cant pass or shoot all game and I'm playing against a relegation level team that is playing like Barca on top form. If that's not DDA or momentum I honestly dont know what it is but it sure isnt a "random event"

Again I'm not saying this in frustration or anger as like I said, it feels necessary given the limitations of AI programming, but to forcefully deny it or this RNG explanation actually discourages me from believing the dev's know what they are talking about.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2020, 12:11 AM   #6
Rookie

The perception is the experience in gaming.* So if something is so widespread that it's a general perception, then it's the general experience, whether EA likes it or not.
And if it's not supposed to be the general experience, then it needs to be corrected.* Maybe there really is no causative code, but there certainly seems to be no preventive code, given how widespread the perception/experience seems to be.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #7
Rookie

You must understand them. Imagine: you got a product that banging from year to year, and some people (the minority) are saying that it is something wrong with game, and other 80% are playing it and they are happy. I am sure, that EA can make FIFA 20(For example) the best simulator of this era, but they don`t need it because who`ll want to buy next part with a hope that some buges are fixed? That is about business, not stupidity of developers
Old 08-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar81
The perception is the experience in gaming.* So if something is so widespread that it's a general perception, then it's the general experience, whether EA likes it or not.
And if it's not supposed to be the general experience, then it needs to be corrected.* Maybe there really is no causative code, but there certainly seems to be no preventive code, given how widespread the perception/experience seems to be.
Exactly this. There is a widespread perception, and I'm sure anyone who has played against AI has felt certain about a pattern of behavior that seems to disingenuously favor the AI in some circumstances.

If it's not scripting or DDA in a technical sense, the issue remains and should be identified by the devs--unless it's an intended design choice for gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »