Home

EA Sports UFC 4 - Two Emotes - Thoughts?

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 4 - Two Emotes - Thoughts? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-31-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

OVR: 0
EA Sports UFC 4 - Two Emotes - Thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC...y_worse_clark/

I was upset that they butchered the online presentation but my god, I didn't think it'd get THIS ridiculous in terms of emotes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 05:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: EA Sports UFC 4 - Two Emotes - Thoughts?

I'm ****ing dead

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-31-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

So ea had time to add this stupid poses and mo cap them, but they didnt have time to add more positions on the ground, or cage work. Sad....just sad.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:28 PM   #4
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Dope content. Can we floss too?
Old 07-31-2020, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

Honestly guys, this pissed me off until I gave up on looking at this as what I hoped it would be, I think this is the sentiment that some GCers were trying to send our way. And I don't say these things to bring down all the good things around the game too, because I've spotted a lot. It feels like the vision for this game was split and each side made concessions.

Knowing that they spent valuable resources on creating these silly animations and cosmetics, rather than additional fighting or TKO animations, that their most prominent content creator has requested regularly, makes me throw my hands up and go "Ok, this is what we're doing here"

I get it, UT wasn't killing and EA need another revenue stream. Upper management probably wants to avoid loot boxes, so this is the route. Still, you don't think taking the "grace" animation budget and using that to add another hook animation would overall be better? A fighting game with more fighting animations, the foundation would look better and people would feel this game is new. I can already see people responding to the new leg kick animations, this is what matters first.

Anyway, I'll accept this. And I'll do a grace dance with my lion headed CAF that is max height and with a body covered in tattoos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2020, 06:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

While I think these are dumb and bad let’s remember that doing a mocap of these dances is orders of magnitude less complicated than strikes or ground positions. It isn’t like for each of these we could’ve had a different strike.

Granted, I would happily trade every single one for a Superman punch variation, but this isn’t a big deal.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
While I think these are dumb and bad let’s remember that doing a mocap of these dances is orders of magnitude less complicated than strikes or ground positions. It isn’t like for each of these we could’ve had a different strike.

Granted, I would happily trade every single one for a Superman punch variation, but this isn’t a big deal.
Agreed, but in general, all of this vanity stuff is so wacky and unrealistic, is this where all the time and money went? Seriously? It's just upsetting that the majority of the budget didn't go into improving the core gameplay besides the clinch and takedown systems. I wouldn't mind the cosmetics if we had better gameplay first.

In general, I wouldn't mind if there were less, but more realistic cosmetics.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Have they sorted out the timing for them yet? Because if I have to watch someone for break dance for 10 seconds after the ref says fighter ready im gonna go full Mike Perry

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »