Home

More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

This is a discussion on More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6 within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #1
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

I mentioned in the course thread that several streamers have been posting about an upcoming virtual preview of PGA 2K1...well, we have an apparent date for that:

August 6

https://twitter.com/crazycanuck1985/...97257479118849

Seems like the "embargo" for info on the game will be lifted that day. August 6 is two weeks and one day away from the August 21 release date.

EDIT: Sounds like YouTuber TheApexHound will also be in on this - in his latest video, he mentions that he'll be part of the virtual preview as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yVgM0NiC3Y

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 07-23-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #2
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More PGA TOUR 2K21 Info Coming August 6

Game is being released in 3 weeks? I saw one of the HB guys post up a snarky comment today over there and this is all he had to say a few months back instead of playing games ya know?
Old 08-02-2020, 04:27 AM   #3
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

This will make or break me getting the game, also not looking forward to the cringe worthy commentary that might be attached to these videos. Crossing fingers 2k will let these guys write their own stuff.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I have no idea how this "Virtual Preview" is going to work on Thursday. It might be all of the YouTube streamers publishing their own streaming or recorded videos or whether some, or all of them are going to be tied into a common broadcast, or what. It sounds like they're at least going to have had some seat time with the game before Thursday (and are probably are ready getting some now if HB Studios is smart). However they do it, I think we're going to learn a lot about the game on Thursday, August 6th.

I'm thinking it's possible that HB Studios/2K might release the 14 minute, more in depth gameplay walkthrough that they apparently unintentionally made available on YouTube for a couple of hours last Wednesday, as early as Tuesday, to sort of warm viewers up to what they're going to see on Thursday.

If you didn't get to see that video before it was removed, it showed the producer playing holes on different courses, and turning aids and changing difficulty a bit as he did so. It showed me a lot more about how the new swing mechanic works and I liked what I was able to glean from it. He hit one shot with a 101 or 102% overswing, was "Slow on his tempo meter (as in out of the target zone area), and the shot wasn't a "power/fade" like it would have been in TGC 2019. If faded less than a similar shot in TGC 2019, but came up 5 or 6 yards short of the carry he was targeting. I don't know what overall difficulty he was actually playing at when that occurred, but it was a step in the right direction at least.

I'm curious to see how they've implemented vibration support in all platforms, as was confirmed last week that they had. If it's done to scale with the properly degree of subtleness, it could be a welcome addition to the game.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #5
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I have no idea how this "Virtual Preview" is going to work on Thursday. It might be all of the YouTube streamers publishing their own streaming or recorded videos or whether some, or all of them are going to be tied into a common broadcast, or what. It sounds like they're at least going to have had some seat time with the game before Thursday (and are probably are ready getting some now if HB Studios is smart). However they do it, I think we're going to learn a lot about the game on Thursday, August 6th.

I'm thinking it's possible that HB Studios/2K might release the 14 minute, more in depth gameplay walkthrough that they apparently unintentionally made available on YouTube for a couple of hours last Wednesday, as early as Tuesday, to sort of warm viewers up to what they're going to see on Thursday.

If you didn't get to see that video before it was removed, it showed the producer playing holes on different courses, and turning aids and changing difficulty a bit as he did so. It showed me a lot more about how the new swing mechanic works and I liked what I was able to glean from it. He hit one shot with a 101 or 102% overswing, was "Slow on his tempo meter (as in out of the target zone area), and the shot wasn't a "power/fade" like it would have been in TGC 2019. If faded less than a similar shot in TGC 2019, but came up 5 or 6 yards short of the carry he was targeting. I don't know what overall difficulty he was actually playing at when that occurred, but it was a step in the right direction at least.

I'm curious to see how they've implemented vibration support in all platforms, as was confirmed last week that they had. If it's done to scale with the properly degree of subtleness, it could be a welcome addition to the game.
TheApexHound posted this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugysi2CdnZbWrGEsrOJ4AaABCQ

"I'm attending a PGA 2K21 conference soon & will be playing the game early so I'll have thoughts & content from that coming."

So it sounds like a Zoom meeting or something, in addition to each of the content providers getting hands-on time with the game. That must be happening early this week, with the "embargo" ending on Thursday, so that the streamers can then post their thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
TheApexHound posted this on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugysi2CdnZbWrGEsrOJ4AaABCQ

"I'm attending a PGA 2K21 conference soon & will be playing the game early so I'll have thoughts & content from that coming."

So it sounds like a Zoom meeting or something, in addition to each of the content providers getting hands-on time with the game. That must be happening early this week, with the "embargo" ending on Thursday, so that the streamers can then post their thoughts.
It seems like I read something somewhere about August 4th being one key date in this, and August 6th another. Maybe the actual "virtual preview" happens on Tuesday, then the streamers can show and report on it Thursday?
Old 08-03-2020, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

We've gotten some concrete timing on when the info will start streaming in on Thursday. This was just posted by popular TGC community member/course creator crazycanuck1985 on his Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/crazycanuck1985/...42229559582720

"As I mentioned a couple days ago, I'll be doing a very special stream on Thursday, August 6th. It's actually going to be TWO streams.

7:00am PST - 11:30am PST
6:00pm PST - 11:30pm PST
(Times subject to change)
You don't want to miss this one, hope you pop by and say hi!"

I would assume that one of these streams will focus specifically on the game itself, while the other will be more in-depth about the course creator, as that is what crazycanuck1985 is known for in the community (side note: if you're interested in creating courses, his YouTube tutorials are amazing for anyone just starting out!).
Old 08-03-2020, 02:50 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Here's another:

https://twitter.com/VctryLnSprts/sta...53996369207297

"I’ll be having a VERY exciting stream on Thursday, August 6th, beginning at 10am ET. I don’t think you’ll want to miss this one!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »