Home

NCAA 14 is just a broken game..

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 is just a broken game.. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2020, 05:40 AM   #1
Rookie

crazazi919's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA 14 is just a broken game..

Yup it’s broken beyond slider repair really.

“Penalties” are NOT suppose to effect gameplay. “Penalties” are suppose to be called as rules. The custom AI is what suppose to effect it. The fact that penalties heavily effect gameplay is proof that EA NEVER fixed this clear bug and NEVER correctly patched this problem. it’s been 8 years since the game’s release and truthfully sliders won’t fix much if the programming is ****ed up.

Last edited by crazazi919; 07-19-2020 at 05:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
Pro

parent22's Arena

Re: NCAA 14 is just a broken game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazazi919
Yup it’s broken beyond slider repair really.

“Penalties” are NOT suppose to effect gameplay. “Penalties” are suppose to be called as rules. The custom AI is what suppose to effect it. The fact that penalties heavily effect gameplay is proof that EA NEVER fixed this clear bug and NEVER correctly patched this problem. it’s been 8 years since the game’s release and truthfully sliders won’t fix much if the programming is ****ed up.
I disagree. I have tuned sliders onto All-American, and it provides a big challenge for me. I have played NCAA 14 for 4 years now (2013 plus the past 3 years) and I could very well play on Heisman. Sliders are not broken, and many people have said that different slider sets have saved the game for them.

What do you mean by penalties effect game play?
Old 07-19-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

crazazi919's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by parent22
I disagree. I have tuned sliders onto All-American, and it provides a big challenge for me. I have played NCAA 14 for 4 years now (2013 plus the past 3 years) and I could very well play on Heisman. Sliders are not broken, and many people have said that different slider sets have saved the game for them.

I did further research and found out that actually penalties are effected by the coaching tree skills. the higher the level(1-3) the LESS penalties happen. Interesting enough I've learned that "penalties" are effected more by coaching skills NOT gameplay. So my mistake on stating that.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
Rookie

crazazi919's Arena

take a look at my fresh post about the NCAA manual. That will explain a whole lot more about what does what.
Old 08-11-2020, 02:24 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

There is a pretty good thread on the penalty slider effects:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-included.html

But I agree, very frustrating. If sliders simply did what they claim to do, it would be SO much easier to customize gameplay for each individual.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

Check the Penalty Slider Impact thread posted in this thread.

For example, Facemask reads : " Higher settings will result in bigger hits on tackles and more fumbles, but also more broken tackles. Lower settings will result in more wrap-up tackles but fewer fumbles. If you go too low, every tackle will look like a 'bear hug'."

So adjusting Facemask penalty isn't about changing how frequent calls are made. Its actually changing the gameplay itself (how people tackle) and the animations used (ie low facemask settings = bear hug tackles).

However, I'm happy with the gameplay with the sliders I've found on this site...
Old 09-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

Same fleeing with you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »