Home

We are very close..to the GOAT

This is a discussion on We are very close..to the GOAT within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2020, 01:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0

So I bought UD3 again today for like $10 and played it on Xbox 360. Let me tell you, I don’t understand how EA screwed up on SOME elements that can be easily fixed.

1. The stand up in UD3 compared to UFC EA 3 is trash, but that’s also because of a new console and the invention of RPM that has EA take this win. The stand up controls and combos, along with the fronts and head movement is way more advanced in EA compared to UD3.

2. Clinching and wrestling I think can be finally overthrown by EA UFC 4. The takedown animations are more advanced and sounds like there are more options with UFC 4 compared to UD3. However, UD3 nailed the concept of clinch, wrestling, and cage takedowns wayyyyy before EA which took 4 games to implement. The one difference is that UD3 has seated cage position, and more fluidity with cage clinch compared to EA 4. This one is neck and neck, but if EA can patch in seated cage positions and more transitions they can take the lead.

3. FINISH THE FIGHT. You guys know by now I’m pushing hard on improvements on finish the fight with EA. THIS has to be changed now. we are 4 games in and UD3 still wins this by a landslide. How can we mess up the most important concept in MMA? There is a lot that UD3 did way better here, which included TKO and KO also referee interaction is on point for every match.

4. GNP is far better in UD3 than UFC4. There are no restrictions it’s more free and better options in UF3. First, we should be throwing short hooks when postured down not weird uppercuts while on the ground. Change the standard uppercuts from ground to hook shots while postured down and we can win this. Also, we should be able to change positions and posture up and down during GNP scenario in UFC 4.

There you have it, we are very close and I think this needs to be looked at prior to launch.

Last edited by gsp4392; 07-19-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 04:28 AM   #2
MVP

Re: We are very close..to the GOAT

Yeah, UD3 is still GOAT. EA will NEVER make the game their level. UD3 has way more depth.
Ea doesn't want to learn good stuffs from UD3. They're always getting angry when we start comparing UD3 to EA UFC.

Last edited by tissues250; 07-19-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:22 AM   #3
Pro

LarsP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Yeah, UD3 is still GOAT. EA will NEVER make the game their level. UD3 has way more depth.
Ea doesn't want to learn good stuffs from UD3. They're always getting angry when we start comparing UD3 to EA UFC.
If they made even one half decent game, nobody would ever bring up UD3. But understandably so, people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that a game that's almost a decade old is still better in pretty much every aspect apart from the striking.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4392

2. Clinching and wrestling I think has been finally overthrown by EA UFC 4
Stop it horse! Stop it!
Old 07-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #5
Banned

You didn’t quote the explanation as to why lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie

I have to say I agree with most of what you said and you did touch upon some good points. The striking I feel the most part is better in UFC 4, but UD3's stand up, while robotic and clunky, they had a couple key things going for it. Fighter specific moves, such as CroCops LHK, Anderson Silvas front snap kick, GSPs spinning kick, etc. were replicated pretty well. I know theres a ton of other fighter specific moves like Machidas switch kick but these are the ones that come to mind first. I always thought UD3 did an excellent job giving fighters their own trademark moves.

Another thing I think UD3 does better than UFC 4 in the standup department is that they give that feeling of danger, that one well timed hook or head kick can finish the fight. I hear about UFC 3 and 4 having all these flash KOs but they're either nonexistent or happen too infrequently. Too many fighters absorb too much damage and strikes before finally being knocked out, whereas UD3 fights can and will end with an improperly timed sway or a well placed counter. I think they need to work on making the standup dangerous instead of worrying about letting fighters throw these huge chain combos. As far as wrestling goes.....I think the actual wrestling is probably on par with UD3.....they've included a ton of new animations, redid the clinch system, so I feel the wrestling is much improved although I wish there was a struggle with the takedowns instead of it being completely based on timing. Fighters with a higher takedown defense should have more ability to struggle against a takedown attempt instead of the other fighter being successful with a takedown just because he timed it better than the takedown stuff attempt.

The area I see where UD3 shines way brighter than UFC4 is the actual ground game. This was UD3's bread and butter. It was much simpler but at the same time much deeper. Posturing up and delivering strikes without having to worry about auto posturing down, holding away on the analog stick instead of worrying about holding R2 and matching the exact same direction input to block a transition. the brutal ground and pound, I liked that to transition you just made a quarter circle for a minor transition, a half circle for a major transition. Everything just seemed to flow so much smoother on the ground in UD3. That's where I think UFC4 needs to improve the most.

Last edited by RollTideRoll0929; 07-19-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:09 PM   #7
MVP

I think gameplay wise it's already better than UD3. There are fewer and fewer things that UD3 did better. Ground movement, ref stoppages, and cage seated being most of them. Denials could be like UD3 too. Striking has been better since ufc 3, grappling is better now in UFC 4.

Here are some things that EA UFC can do that's wasnt in UD3:
- Dana White mode
- Transition based submissions
- CAF share
- Move level animations
- Online career/franchise mode
- Spectator mode
Old 07-19-2020, 03:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I think gameplay wise it's already better than UD3. There are fewer and fewer things that UD3 did better. Ground movement, ref stoppages, and cage seated being most of them. Denials could be like UD3 too. Striking has been better since ufc 3, grappling is better now in UFC 4.

Here are some things that EA UFC can do that's wasnt in UD3:
- Dana White mode
- Transition based submissions
- CAF share
- Move level animations
- Online career/franchise mode
- Spectator mode

I have been saying for a little while now that online career/franchise mode for online would be a big thing. Imagine a server or private session (can do public session) with all your friends ,other people , AI bots , Gyms memberships ,send sparring invites, train for PPVs with or without friends , your friend wins the belt and u have to go up the ranks to face him, you guys can hype up your fights , your fighter can be on the news in game, you can be a double champ , PPVs can have friends on it ,make money from fights, purchase clothes,mouth pieces, hair cuts ,purchase new trainers and other organizations

Last edited by Jizamurai; 07-19-2020 at 06:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »