Home

Martial Mind Talks EA UFC 4 Beta

This is a discussion on Martial Mind Talks EA UFC 4 Beta within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

https://youtu.be/rKPIj8R3N44

Literally these are the same complaints I have with the game. It’s fun don’t get me wrong but it’s far from perfect , clinch imo is way better but I spent a lot of time trying to learn how to move around. grappling animations not explained, timed posture up , no real rocked state TKOs on the ground, After a KNOCKOUT I can’t go in for more punches before the ref gets to me ,waiting game on the ground again, baby punches on the ground and so much more. I love ufc 4 but man ALOOOT needs to be tuned and fixed and I’m honestly mad GPD isn’t going to be there because he actually listens and wants a real representation of the sport.

Last edited by Jizamurai; 07-15-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Martial Mind Talks EA UFC 4 Beta

Nice post, MaritalMind is the man.

Watching it right now as i was waiting for Martial to drop his thoughts , but was not sure if he would due to some things surrounding the NDA. Glad he did this video though and something very interesting that he just mentioned was that from clinch double underhooks are actually possible but not explained in game properly due to the lack of Beta tutorial.

AB541
Old 07-15-2020, 06:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab541
Nice post, MaritalMind is the man.

Watching it right now as i was waiting for Martial to drop his thoughts , but was not sure if he would due to some things surrounding the NDA. Glad he did this video though and something very interesting that he just mentioned was that from clinch double underhooks are actually possible but not explained in game properly due to the lack of Beta tutorial.

AB541

Yeah play the beta quite a bit and I still haven’t figured out how to transition to different positions which really killed my mood and excitement. I was loving the game A LOOOT especially the clinch but after awhile I found my self noticing things that were right like the timed posture , no real TKO or more punches on knocked out opponent if the ref doesn’t get to u on time and so much more. Martial Mind is the man and literally spoke on everything I had a problem with the beta. Really wish GPD was leading UFC 4 because I honestly believe he would have made this game epic man.

Going to buy UFC 4 and learn but at the moment so much needs to change. IM DYING TO PLAY CAREER MODE THOUGH MAN
Old 07-15-2020, 06:37 PM   #4
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

He nailed it about the lack of new striking animations. How could there not be a budget for mo-capping new strikes? As long as the development cycle lasted I just really can’t understand what the excuse could be. It just reeks of poor project management to the core.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #5
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Good video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
He nailed it about the lack of new striking animations. How could there not be a budget for mo-capping new strikes? As long as the development cycle lasted I just really can’t understand what the excuse could be. It just reeks of poor project management to the core.

I believe covid played a part ,I also believe lack of care and motivation by leadership played a part and budget of course. As I said before I wish GPD was spearheading the project man because his mind set ,listening to the fans and attention for MMA could have made this game better but at least he gave us the dope clinch work

As for striking A lot of the same animations with tweaks to those animations which I appreciate but the same animations as the last game is crazyyy there should have been more(based on the beta). I will say this though I like how fighters who aren’t known as kickers kick like amateurs in a way so that was a nice touch. Man 🤦🏽this game will be a love hate relationship I can already tell. We need to voice our opinions on more avenues now that GPD is gone. Petitions, letters , Twitter and more.

Last edited by Jizamurai; 07-15-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:07 PM   #7
Pro

Counter Punch's Arena

I really wanna give them the benefit of the doubt but I just don’t see how covid could have been responsible for not adding almost any new striking animations, unless that was slated to be done within the last few months. It was a looooooong development cycle for a sports game.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I really wanna give them the benefit of the doubt but I just don’t see how covid could have been responsible for not adding almost any new striking animations, unless that was slated to be done within the last few months. It was a looooooong development cycle for a sports game.

I wonder when they started mo cap ,when it ended and why there wasn’t a lot more animations captured. Idk man but I hope with patches they can add more

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »