Home

Old 07-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ragdolls

Me and a lot of other guys have been begging to get ragdoll kos back to be in the game ever since ufc 3 beta came out..later Gpd said don't worry their going to be a day one patch... needles to say that didn't happen now were on to ufc 4 with more ragdolls and with Gpd now at a new studio is all hope lost of getting this back in the game?

Last edited by melo627; 07-14-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Ragdolls

[quote=melo627;2050149681]Me and a lot of other guys have been begging to get ragdoll kos back bbn in the game ever since ufc 3 beta came out..later Gpd said don't worry their going to be a day one patcb... needles to say that didn't happen now were on to ufc 4 with more rahdolls and with Gpd now at a new studio is all hope lost of getting this back in the game?[/QUOTE
I agree they need to go back to full ragdoll of ufc 2 I will take a ragdoll backflip ko over these trash animation ko's with a little bit of ragdoll we need full ragdoll on knovkoute and knockdowns like UFC 2 like how freaking hard is it to just copy the coding from the knockouts from UFC 2 and paste it to this game
Old 07-14-2020, 12:59 PM   #3
MVP

ragdoll ko from ufc2 was completely unrealistic. it was a bull****. I don't understand Why do you guys want more realistic game play but want to bring back unrealistic ragdoll ko? It's an totally inconsistency. I don't want to bring back ufc2's ragdoll ko. but i want to tweak ko animation from now. Don't be mat at me. It's just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
Pro

I honestly think the game will be good by launch. It is a beta, they could keep stuff from us until the full game releases, I mean afterall.. they didn't even include a tutorial so there's that. Just remain hopeful like I am, the game will be good by launch.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
ragdoll ko from ufc2 was completely unrealistic. it was a bull****. I don't understand Why do you guys want more realistic game play but want to bring back unrealistic ragdoll ko? It's an totally inconsistency. I don't want to bring back ufc2's ragdoll ko. but i want to tweak ko animation from now. Don't be mat at me. It's just my opinion.
The knockouts now are garbage.You need them to be 100% physics driven or else they will suck the animations we have now belong in a arcade game. UD 3 had better ragdolls than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Looks like I'm going to be making more Knockout Physics posts, comparing UFC 2 ragdoll to UFC 4.

Improving the KO physics also aligns with UFC 4's mission of attracting more ****** gamers. What does every ****** UFC fan want? KNOCKOUTS (for better or worse).
Old 07-14-2020, 01:48 PM   #7
Pro

Almost all of my effort in the years of being here has been giving feedback about KOs/TKOs. UFC 3 was a huge step back compared to UFC 2. UFC 4 beta seems to be making improvements but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed after 2.5 years of waiting.

The KOs clearly have more physics in them than UFC 3, which I appreciate, but still not as dynamic as UFC 2. Finish the Fight still has a pause, and in the UFC 4 beta you follow with one initial shot and into the FtF animation and thats always it, never any more shots.

The absolute KEY into making finishes feel right is making them feel DYNAMIC. Not only the actual KOs should feel unique like in UFC 2, but the finish the fight sequence should also feel unique. I believe the best way to go about this is to have only the still conscious fighter enter into Finish the Fight animations while the unconscious fighter does not undergo ANY animation, they just react with physics to whatever the conscious fighter does. I understand this means the conscious fighter's animations may often not line-up correctly and we would get goofy looking finish the fights sometimes, but the pay off would be some of the coolest looking finishes in video game history.

I'm sure I'll be making threads for the next couple of years about this stuff....again. But hey we gotta try at least right.
Old 07-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinfarcements
The absolute KEY into making finishes feel right is making them feel DYNAMIC. Not only the actual KOs should feel unique like in UFC 2, but the finish the fight sequence should also feel unique. I believe the best way to go about this is to have only the still conscious fighter enter into Finish the Fight animations while the unconscious fighter does not undergo ANY animation, they just react with physics to whatever the conscious fighter does. I understand this means the conscious fighter's animations may often not line-up correctly and we would get goofy looking finish the fights sometimes, but the pay off would be some of the coolest looking finishes in video game history.
100% This is actually how it worked in the beloved UD3, as well. FTF was all physics driven.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »