Home

Park takes Zero Skill

This is a discussion on Park takes Zero Skill within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-10-2020, 11:23 PM   #1
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

OVR: 0
Park takes Zero Skill

I feel not enough people know this lmao

Park is on like Rookie or Pro difficulty. Literally the recipe for cheese and bs.

I'm an Elite 1 and I'll hop on with literally anyone 'cause idgaf about Park I just want to get a badge or something, and it could be me + 2 60 OVR brown shirts and if the other team wins they'll invite me to their lil party acting like they just won the Super Bowl.

Idk which mode is more popular rec/proam or park, but anyone who takes Park seriously doesn't know basketball. It's like talking trash winning in NBA JAM jumping 100 feet in the air on fire. Maybe I'm being Capt Obvious.

What's funny is when these 2v2 Park players go into pro am or rec and it's 5on5 with defensive rotations, help D, better players and they try that street stuff and it don't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 01:51 AM   #2
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Re: Park takes Zero Skill

I think it's 2-fold.

The lower the difficulty the better you have to be on defense since the offense is so overpowered. You can't afford to give the offense an ounce of space because it will drop because of the difficulty.

The higher the difficulty is the better you have to be on offense because your offensive abilities are nerfed. So certain parts of the game require more skill than others depending on the difficulty you play.

All of this comes from a user vs. user perspective of course.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:09 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

Its to arcade for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-11-2020, 02:48 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Park actually takes the most skill when you're trying to get stops on defense but it definitely takes the least skill to score on offense due to how much time and space you have to operate plus how far the defense has to travel to safely complete rotations.

The park shot clock really should be 14 or 16 seconds at the very most not a full 24 considering it only takes one or two dribbles max to cross the half court line and get into scoring range.

Last edited by jyoung; 07-11-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Its a arcade mode mode thats for casuals and has always been
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2020, 07:32 PM   #6
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
Its a arcade mode mode thats for casuals and has always been
Yes but they don't know it's arcade. They get giddy over 50 ft 3's like it's skill. Ah well
Old 07-13-2020, 02:10 AM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The "skill" is in the time you've spent to improve your player. 2K reward time spent not raw skill, at least definitely more the former than the latter. You could argue the 95-99 mechanic is a bit more skill based, but it isn't really that big a barrier (especially since some builds can put up great stats and rank up, and still ultimately play poorly).

When you create a product you want people to get addicted to, the last thing you want is to throw harsh reality in their face and risk losing their business. You want to keep them spending, time at least, money ideally. It's not too different than the poker machines tuned to keep players playing.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:41 AM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

This is why I keep my player 92 ovr so I can enjoy the REC. The randoms that join in there try to play the same way like a lot of the 95+ ovr guys play in park, and they just end up making themselves look like fools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »