Home

Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2020, 05:02 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here

Super Mega Baseball 3 game update #3 has arrived, mostly focusing on gameplay improvements and fixes....

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
I'm embarrassed at how many games I've played of this game since it's launch, and I don't even have much time to play games. It was already addictive, the franchise mode makes it pure crack.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here

Snatched from Reddit

Update 3 Patch Notes
Update 3 is currently rolling out on all platforms. Here are the patch notes:

Improvements:

Baserunners now delay for a small amount of time on swing contact with less than 2 outs, allowing more time to defend against line drive double plays and making it slightly easier to put runners out on ground balls in the infield.

Passed ball rates have been revamped:

Passed ball rates have been reduced on pitches in and directly above the strike zone.

Passed ball / wild pitch rates have been increased on balls in the dirt or very far from the strike zone, particularly when the pitch location is far from the initial target.

Further improvements have been made to base stealing in online play to shorten the window of time between when the pitcher starts the pitching minigame, and when the pitcher starts their stretch delivery animation.

AI bullpen usage has been improved, particularly to have the AI be more willing to pull the current pitcher sooner rather than later.

AI pick-off and pitchout rates are now reduced.

AI baserunners are now more susceptible to being picked off.

The Mojo penalty that pitchers receive for a failed pick-off attempt has been significantly reduced.

D-Pad buttons can now be used to make throws in the field (useful after stepping off during an early steal attempt).

In online play, chat can now be accessed during the post game.

In online play, extra pitching time is no longer awarded following a pick-off attempt.

It is now harder to steal 3B and home.

It is now much harder to steal home on a double steal play (by first stealing with a runner at 1B and then sending the runner at 3B home after the catcher throws to 2B).

It is now slightly harder to steal 2B when playing at a high baserunning Ego, and slightly easier to steal 2B when playing at a low baserunning Ego.

It is now harder to successfully steal a base when starting a steal after the pitcher starts a step off or pick-off attempt.

Infielders are now less likely to dig throws out of the dirt from the catcher during stolen base attempts.

Pitchers now drop comebackers more frequently.

A pitcher who is injured during play can now be replaced before facing the minimum 3 batters.

AI batters now rely more heavily on the power swing mechanic, producing more swings & misses and less softly hit foul balls while also generating more power on balls put in play.

AI batters' aggression is now more varied during a game, leading to the AI swinging more often in some at-bats than others.

Bunting is now a bit easier, both for AI and human batters - a perfectly aligned reticle on the pitch location will now result in a slightly downward bunted ball rather than slightly upward.

Fielder running dive distances have been adjusted to help prevent fielders from diving past a hit ball.

AI is now less aggressive when it comes to making fielding substitutions when ahead late in a game.

Batters are now less likely to be injured after being hit by a pitch, and are more likely to receive a significantly larger Mojo increase instead.

Fielder selection changes can now also be triggered by changing movement directions, much like in Super Mega Baseball 2.

Various tweaks and improvements have been made to which fielder is initially selected on contact, and which fielder gets selected based on movement direction or when the change fielder button is pressed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
Banned

Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoko
I'm embarrassed at how many games I've played of this game since it's launch, and I don't even have much time to play games. It was already addictive, the franchise mode makes it pure crack.
TBH it's way more fun and satisfying than MLBTS.

The gameplay is fantastic.

Old 06-25-2020, 08:57 PM   #5
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
I have to say this games highly addictive. *The creativity that can be had in this game makes it a baseball sandbox. *Created so many teams and leagues it’s crazy. *With more to come.
Star Wars Outlaws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
Just started!

Is cross platform available yet to play xbox and ps4?
Old 06-26-2020, 06:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: Super Mega Baseball 3 Patch #3 Available, Focusing on Gameplay - Patch Notes Here

And the A.I. STILL leaves their pitchers in way too long...
Old 06-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakevin
And the A.I. STILL leaves their pitchers in way too long...
Really?
I've played 6 games in my season and they definitely take them out earlier now.

Perhaps too early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »