Home

I think the crowd is going to get a major overhaul on the next generation consoles

This is a discussion on I think the crowd is going to get a major overhaul on the next generation consoles within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-25-2020, 01:03 PM   #1
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0
I think the crowd is going to get a major overhaul on the next generation consoles

One thing that stands out with released gameplay footage on the PS5 is the amount of things going on all over the screen at once. The sound seems terrific as well. I think we’re going to see and hear a huge improvement as far as the crowd goes compared to the PS4. I can see several fans talking to each other, laughing, and reacting to big plays much more like the way you see it in real life. How about seeing people duck or cover their head when a ball is foul tipped against the netting behind home plate and laughing about it? I also think we’re going to see a huge improvement as far as different sound effects in the stadium. Instead of relying so much on Sounds of the Show, I can see a lot of that content included from the start. What are your thoughts on how much the next generation technology can improve this area?

Last edited by BigOrangeVol4Life; 06-25-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2020, 01:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I think the crowd is going to get a major overhaul on the next generation console

Absolutely, I expect huge improvements in that regard. Hopefully, we will see crowd noise levels commensurate with the game situation (e.g. louder at bigger moments, 2 strike counts late in games, etc.).
Old 06-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: I think the crowd is going to get a major overhaul on the next generation console

As long as people in the crowd don't have those dead eyes anymore I'll be happy. Along the lines of people ducking and such how about actually catching the foul balls and not having those and pretzels pop into their hands out of thin air. Or when a section of the stadium is empty see people running to get the home run. The sound of the crowd does need an upgrade to match the on field SFX because the crack of the bat sounds amazing this year. I'd be up for SotS having more default options but I like importing custom sounds. Also I think SotS is limited by song licensing cost. It's a good work around giving users the option to add their own music.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 06-25-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

How about fans interfering with plays near the walls (a la Steve Bartman; btw RIP Bartman, you didn't deserve all that scorn)?
Old 06-26-2020, 03:37 AM   #5
Rookie

I think the develop team should focus on improving the commentary as first priority
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Haha, we're so over the PS4. I'm not even looking at any Madden previews, I know it's basically the same game as last year. Next significant change will be on PS5.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
How about fans interfering with plays near the walls (a la Steve Bartman; btw RIP Bartman, you didn't deserve all that scorn)?

Wait... he passed away?
Old 06-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #8
MVP

Further improvements to crowd density would be great. I'd also like to see more fans walking around concourse areas and walkways, especially ones in the outfield. At Oracle Park, for instance, you'd have more fans walking back and forth in areas like this:'

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »