Home

do you play defense or have the computer do it??

This is a discussion on do you play defense or have the computer do it?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
do you play defense or have the computer do it??

i have looked for this question on the forum but i couldnt find any. SO my question is what are the benefits of having the auto defense on? i play my defense and yea i make some mistakes but isnt that how real baseball is played?

Is there a reason to have auto defense on other than the cool plays it can do that i wouldn't do??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Jayyoungjr's Arena

Re: do you play defense or have the computer do it??

I feel like having it on auto would not keep my engaged. I like having to focus in and make plays or having it come back to bite me. It sucks when I make the bone head play like throwing to 3rd instead of second and bit turning the double play but that comes with it being a game. Oh reason I'd consider it is because I'm awful at timing jumps to rob home runs even close to the wall I always end up missing. I was there way a way to set up specific plays in practice mode to work on it. Doesn't haven't often enough in games for me to ever improve on that.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #3
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

I use auto. I simply just think it looks better and ratings matter 100%. That’s why I use it. Everybody has a preference though. I also hate the blue circle when fielding manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-15-2020, 03:46 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I do assist, with options tuned to make throws easier. Basically, the old school way before that added in the new bells and whistles. I'd feel really lame just sitting there at watching the CPU do it for me. And I really think that I'm better at getting to the ball and throwing it to first with the SS than the CPU is.

This also usually gets the OF into the right position on pop flies, but makes me do the work on harder hit balls, which again makes it both more rewarding and I feel like I do a better job than the CPU does.

Between all the different baseball video games I've played, with very similar mechanics on defense, its basically second nature by this point. Things honestly haven'y changed all that much since Ken Griffey Jr Baseball on the SNES.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:56 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
i have looked for this question on the forum but i couldnt find any. SO my question is what are the benefits of having the auto defense on? i play my defense and yea i make some mistakes but isnt that how real baseball is played?

Is there a reason to have auto defense on other than the cool plays it can do that i wouldn't do??
Two reasons:

I want ratings to matter more than anything.
I want the crap off the screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2020, 04:37 PM   #6
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10

I use Auto fielding because my reaction time just isn't what it used to be plus as someone else mentioned I like it because I want ratings to matter (or at least I feel like they matter more with Auto vs. Manual).

I also use Manual throwing because it does help with some of the feeling of being disengaged. Plus, there are some throwing decisions the CPU would make that I don't always agree with.
NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles
Old 06-15-2020, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

i may try the auto fielding but manual throwing for a couple of games to see what i like .. thanks for the input everyone
Old 06-15-2020, 06:00 PM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamC24167
i may try the auto fielding but manual throwing for a couple of games to see what i like .. thanks for the input everyone
^

love it. I don’t screw up the fielding part and use manual throw. Nothing like blowing a game because of being controller challenged in a critical situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »