Home

Automobilista 2 Update Available Now, Featuring Improvements to FFB, Physics, AI and Much More

This is a discussion on Automobilista 2 Update Available Now, Featuring Improvements to FFB, Physics, AI and Much More within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Automobilista 2 Update Available Now, Featuring Improvements to FFB, Physics, AI and Much More

A new update is available for Automobilista 2 (V0.9.2.1), mostly focusing on FFB, physics and AI, but...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2022, 03:01 PM   #2
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Automobilista 2 Update Available Now, Featuring Improvements to FFB, Physics, AI

Another update v1.4 is here! This update adds more fun!

First up, the update looks to add even more new content to the base of the sim. Those new racing vehicles will include:

Mercedes AMG GT4
Ginetta G55 GT3
Ultima GTR
1965 Mini Cooper
Vulkan Truck

Secondly, the team touts that there will be a massive update to the overall physics of the game. Tires, engines, drivetrains, track surfaces and more have all been refined further, continuing the ongoing evolution of the sim.

Other included updates will come in the form of the Advanced Mechanical Damage Modeling, with both engine damage and tire damage joining with the clutch and gearbox damage already found in the AMDM system.

Further development with tires will include a system that sounds similar to iRacing, the inclusion of tire set limits, if that is desired to have implemented.

For the open wheel cars, or in Automobilista 2 terms, the F-style cars, there will also be an inclusion of low aero packages with visually appropriate aero modifications with that being utilized.

There will be driver-specific racing suit and helmet liveries implemented in the V1.4 update. The update will also include things like audio updates, AI updates and other quality of life improvements all around. I think I also read something about a time-trial leaderboard getting added as well.

We are doing hosted races. Hit me up if you want to join or simply look for an Operation Sports server and use PWD: 123

Here's a review from Gamer Muscle

Last edited by RunN1st; 08-30-2022 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Automobilista 2 Update Available Now, Featuring Improvements to FFB, Physics, AI

Oh how I wish they would port this to console....
Old 08-01-2023, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

All,
The latest v1.5 patch has really improved this sim! The cars are a ton more drivable which translates loads of fun.

We have been hosting nightly races on the server named Operation Sports ; pwd: 123 - We tend to hop on around 7pm PST for anyone interested.

Cheers!
Old 08-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #5
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

It's nice to hear all of the favorable reactions this update is getting. I picked up Automobilista 2 back in January, but it always felt it fell a little short of what I wanted in the force feedback department. After hearing so many reports of how the FFB has improved with this update, I'm going to give it a try again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2023, 09:28 AM   #6
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
All,
The latest v1.5 patch has really improved this sim! The cars are a ton more drivable which translates loads of fun.

We have been hosting nightly races on the server named Operation Sports ; pwd: 123 - We tend to hop on around 7pm PST for anyone interested.

Cheers!
I'm going to be giving this a try along with the new update. I'd like to find a multiplayer server that felt like a home and had some familiar names again. I found a couple of those in Forza 7 for a while, but they seemed to come and go. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks for the word on this! My Steam name is JohnRC.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #7
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm going to be giving this a try along with the new update. I'd like to find a multiplayer server that felt like a home and had some familiar names again. I found a couple of those in Forza 7 for a while, but they seemed to come and go. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks for the word on this! My Steam name is JohnRC.
We didn't make it on tonight... but we will keep an eye out John! Look forward to seeing you on the track. BTW: we have a Discord channel we use for chat when the time comes.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:15 PM   #8
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
We didn't make it on tonight... but we will keep an eye out John! Look forward to seeing you on the track. BTW: we have a Discord channel we use for chat when the time comes.
Sounds great... I'll be around!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »