Home

How's your franchise going? Super Mega Baseball 3 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your franchise going? Super Mega Baseball 3 Edition within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-15-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
How's your franchise going? Super Mega Baseball 3 Edition

Beewolves - Week 6 - 2-3

Beewolves Standard Franchise through week 5! Sitting at 2-3, we have had some close games, with just one beating by the Nemesis. The bats have been solid, pitching has been iffy. The bullpen is absolute awful for the Beewolves, they are keeping an eye on some decent RPs in Free Agency.

Standout Players

SS Handley Dexterez
-- As no surprise, the best player on the team is coming through on both sides of the ball. Spotting a .421 batting average through 5 games. Dexterez has made several great plays despite having 1 error on the season. He is a centerpiece I will have to make sure sticks around.

SP Hurley Bender
-- In a league of big bats, Bender has been a star. Keeping his ERA under 3 in 2 starts is no easy task. At 2-0 2.87ERA 8K, Bender could contend for the best pitcher by the end of the season. He has been a standout in what has been a tough outing for the Beewolves rotation/bullpen.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2020, 01:11 PM   #2
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise going? Super Mega Baseball 3 Edition

I am 3-1 with the Wideloads but I started with an ego that I crushed, then upped the ego and got crushed, but then played a second game at that ego (40) and had a pretty good game and won.

But I am wondering about some of the custom settings. Do I really want to play 9 inning games or make them 3 or 6 and get through seasons faster. How many games should I play in a season?

Not sure where I will finally fall on these decisions.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was having a great time playing with the Sand Cats. I was 6-0 and really enjoying the roster. Then I noticed that some of my player development upgrades never actually applied the changes to the player attributes. Not sure if you guys have seen that or not. I’ve been toying with a custom franchise since and just simulating games to see if I can find more instances of hit happening, but haven’t seen it again. I am seeing some of the logos aren’t appearing on the league leaders screens also just now. I love the SMB games, but this one looks to have bugs early on. Hopefully they all get addressed.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

imported my MLB roster with 1 created fictional team. Carolina Emerald is the name of the team.

I just set up my fictional franchise league. its aligned like the NFL. I wish the game had custom schedules.
I have four divisions in the AL/and NL.
20 game season. 6 inning games. the winners of each division make the playoffs/ playoffs are best of 3.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #5
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Starting the season off 2-0 after sweeping the Gibbons. I have a +15 run differential to kick off the year. My next two pitchers are both junk ballers with a 6 for velocity. Yikes. There are a few good FA pitchers I may pick up.

My dad (starting LF) was 3-3 w/ 2HRs in game 1 and 2-4 in game 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2020, 11:42 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Beewolves - Week 6 - 2-3

Beewolves Standard Franchise through week 5! Sitting at 2-3, we have had some close games, with just one beating by the Nemesis. The bats have been solid, pitching has been iffy. The bullpen is absolute awful for the Beewolves, they are keeping an eye on some decent RPs in Free Agency.

Standout Players

SS Handley Dexterez
-- As no surprise, the best player on the team is coming through on both sides of the ball. Spotting a .421 batting average through 5 games. Dexterez has made several great plays despite having 1 error on the season. He is a centerpiece I will have to make sure sticks around.

SP Hurley Bender
-- In a league of big bats, Bender has been a star. Keeping his ERA under 3 in 2 starts is no easy task. At 2-0 2.87ERA 8K, Bender could contend for the best pitcher by the end of the season. He has been a standout in what has been a tough outing for the Beewolves rotation/bullpen.

I played an exhibition game earlier as the Beewolves and won 14-2. Hurley Bender is a beast.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2020, 01:32 AM   #7
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I am 3-1 with the Wideloads but I started with an ego that I crushed, then upped the ego and got crushed, but then played a second game at that ego (40) and had a pretty good game and won.

But I am wondering about some of the custom settings. Do I really want to play 9 inning games or make them 3 or 6 and get through seasons faster. How many games should I play in a season?

Not sure where I will finally fall on these decisions.
I went with seven inning games with 124 game schedule with 32 teams in the league.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:50 AM   #8
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Started 2-0 and dropped 3 straight. Now I'm on a 4 game winning streak and sitting at 6-3 and in first place in the Artemis Divsion. The league is very balanced in terms of records and overalls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »