Home

What do you think will be in Madden 21

This is a discussion on What do you think will be in Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-14-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
What do you think will be in Madden 21

What do you think will be in Madden 21? New features, modes, upgrades etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What do you think will be in Madden 21

A roster update and different style menus is all I expect.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #3
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
A roster update and different style menus is all I expect.
Same here. I don't play Madden often but it seems most sports games have minor updates when they know it's the last main one on an outdated console.

I would expect roster updates, new menus, a few new graphics and annoucer sayings but nothing else big.

Madden 2022 will have a lot of new improvements (at least they will say they are new) when more people have PS5 and whatever the new XBOX is called.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

A boss real-time lighting, weather and seasons system: real-time volumetric lighting and cloud cover (sunlight fades in and out behind clouds in real time); stadium- and region-specific weather and sunlight patterns that align with three seasons (late summer, fall & winter).

Complete overhaul of stadium atmosphere including better crowd reactions, better on-field sounds such as pads popping, and updated all ref voiceovers to be true-to-life. They will say “Holding, number 74 offense, 10-yard penalty, replay the down” instead of just “Holding, offense.”

Complete re-work of depth charts. After 15 years of you asking, we have finally stoped using RDE and LOLB designation for example. Now players will be categorized by the more flexible (and realistic) DL, LB and DB.

You can now retire jersey numbers in Franchise.

Three presentation packages, NFL Network, NFL on Fox, and CBS Sports, each with authentic overlays, themes and score bars.

Vastly improved AI playcalling and situational awareness.

Vastly improved AI roster management. AI-controlled teams will build to their strengths, address their weaknesses, and manage their games in accordance with their strengths and weakness and talent on their roster.

Dramatic improvements to OL-DL interactions, makes playing DL fun again with less emphasis on QTEs and more emphasis on read-and-react.

I’d be a happy camper, personally.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Here's what I think:

Stuff pretty much guaranteed to be in Madden 21:
  • Sofi Stadium (Rams and Chargers Stadium)
  • Allegiant Stadium (Raiders Stadium)
  • New 14 team Playoff Format
  • New uniforms for Rams, Chargers, Browns, Bucs, Falcons, and Patriots
  • The "Las Vegas Raiders"

Features I think could be in Madden 21:
  • Coaching Carousel/Coordinators
  • Scenario Engine Update
  • 17 game regular season after your first Franchise season

I have a feeling that most of the focus this year is going to graphics and porting the game to next gen. Hoping for a surprise and they focus more on franchise this year though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 09:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

- Heavy focus on KO mode
- Face of the Franchise season 2
- Gameplay will be marginally better. Inside running efficiency will be tuned. Game will still be largely 2 player canned animation based with little to no physics.
- XF and SS traits will be more balanced with addition of new traits and removal of others.
- Scenario engine 2.0 will be underwhelming.
- Franchise mode will get coordinators but will be undercooked and be more cosmetic than anything. It will the big new (and only)addition for franchise mode.
- Zone AI will see an improvement.
- CPU play calling and QB play will go largely untouched.
- Next gen talk will be mostly about improved lighting and graphics
- One or two new quality life features for franchise mode. Added commissioner controls.
- Cross play will be in
- No new gameplay mechanics added.
- No improvement to line play.
- No changes to gameplanning, schemes or the injury system.
- No changes to scouting.
- No changes to fog of war.
- No changes to the challenge system.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I don't expect much. As mentioned, new stadiums and uniforms; that will probably sap a lot of their resources. There are the legacy issues, and the band aids they have used to cover up issues which will continue to plague Madden.

M20 was a disaster for defensive minded players. If playing versus the CPU we had next to zero time to read the offense and make adjustments. The post-play diagram did not work the majority of the time, when activated to show in the settings menu. This is a big issue when using Play Now as the 2nd stage of practicing new plays and learning to read defenses and offenses.

It was nice to have an effective run game; too bad there were some OP run plays. I fear the reaction to fix OP run plays in M21 will result in a broken run game and the return to 100% passing games to win. I would like a run game to return in M21.

I would like more feedback in games to explain the animations we see. Feedback can reduce frustration and complaints

I would hope to see the removal of the constant jumping by receivers to catch the ball by default, and as a means to create incomplete passes. I would like to see incomplete passes, and catches be something more believable. No million dollar receiver is going to expose their ribs to a big hit; it's not in the NFL, so don't put it in the game.

I like QBs with different throwing speeds. BUT we need a quick throw mechanic for situations when pressure is heavy. A Brett Favre forward shovel pass, something.

Would like to see DL stunts make a comeback. Would like to see the pausing of defenders at the LOS for coming in too fast removed.

Whatever is happening that causes my pass rushers to be ineffective against the CPU, but the same pass rushers to be monsters for the CPU, stop it!!!! I want the players playing to their attributes versus the CPU. No DDS or whatever it is called or denied by. I want to improve or lose on my own, without help.

Stop asking if I had fun after I quit a game before the game time runs out. If I quit early, I didn't have fun.

Stop giving CPU punters, kickers, great accuracy.

Make returners go after the ball inside the 10 if we choose such an option.

Reduction in the number of OL plays where a lineman looks at a defender and watches him run past. If it is meant to be a missed block, lets hopefully add in a believable animation.

Reduce the number of swat passes that are essentially tips for interceptions. This happens too frequently, looks unbelievable and is frustrating.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
- Heavy focus on KO mode
- Face of the Franchise season 2
- Gameplay will be marginally better. Inside running efficiency will be tuned. Game will still be largely 2 player canned animation based with little to no physics.
- XF and SS traits will be more balanced with addition of new traits and removal of others.
- Scenario engine 2.0 will be underwhelming.
- Franchise mode will get coordinators but will be undercooked and be more cosmetic than anything. It will the big new (and only)addition for franchise mode.
- Zone AI will see an improvement.
- CPU play calling and QB play will go largely untouched.
- Next gen talk will be mostly about improved lighting and graphics
- One or two new quality life features for franchise mode. Added commissioner controls.
- Cross play will be in
- No new gameplay mechanics added.
- No improvement to line play.
- No changes to gameplanning, schemes or the injury system.
- No changes to scouting.
- No changes to fog of war.
- No changes to the challenge system.

If I were a betting person I would be all in on these points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »