Home

Cutting Down on simmed game HRs

This is a discussion on Cutting Down on simmed game HRs within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cutting Down on simmed game HRs

I hate the juiced ball of 2019 (heck, Manfred had been toying with it since the 2015 All Star Game, it was just an all time insane level last year), and it seems like my simmed games so far produce too many HRs. It might even be slightly above MLB 2019 rates. I want Manfred impeached, I'm the commish now... and I'm bringing back actual baseball. I don't want 60 players with 30HR and 120 with 20 HR. I don't want multiple teams breaking team HR records in a season like last year's MLB. (I'm not a total purist, I've installed universal DH..which is also a change that should be made!)

It's the middle of April, and there are teams with twice as many HRs as games. Meanwhile, in the games that I play, neither I nor the CPU hits that many HRs. It's only in the simmed games. I'm probably like 20th in MLB in HRs, despite being about 5th in BA and 1st in doubles by a lot.

I want normal HR rates...like 1 HR/team/game on average. I am new to The Show, so I'm a newb with settings. I read to decrease wind, so I have done that. I haven't noticed a big difference. I have lowered CPU power and raised up solid hits, in an effort to hopefully produce more doubles and fewer HR - although maybe solid hits should also be lowered? I don't want to kill CPU offense and make it easy to beat when I'm playing it.

Please help a semi-purist here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 11:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Cutting Down on simmed game HRs

Unfortunately very few sliders impact Sim stats. Stamina and injuries for sure do. I haven't tested the wind slider on Sim stats but it may have an effect. Your only other option would be to use an edited roster. The Sim engine for this game needs an overhaul. It has produced similar incorrect stats for several iterations.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Unfortunately very few sliders impact Sim stats. Stamina and injuries for sure do. I haven't tested the wind slider on Sim stats but it may have an effect. Your only other option would be to use an edited roster. The Sim engine for this game needs an overhaul. It has produced similar incorrect stats for several iterations.
Ah ok, thank you. So when you adjust sliders for CPU, it doesn't affect simmed games at all?
Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
Pro

I just simmed two seasons. One with wind at 5 and one with wind at 0. 5 produced 6014 total hrs, 700 less than last year. 0 produced 6150. Small sample size but wind probably doesn't effect Sim stats.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpreston4
Ah ok, thank you. So when you adjust sliders for CPU, it doesn't affect simmed games at all?
Correct, with the exception of pitcher stamina, manager hook, and injuries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

It's not a slider issue or game issue; it's ratings-driven. You'd essentially have to do a full re-rate of the entire league (i.e. make up new ratings for everyone).
Old 05-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Gotcha, bummer. OK thank you for your help
Old 05-06-2020, 03:51 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpreston4
Gotcha, bummer. OK thank you for your help
For lower player HR totals, reduce all Batters R/L - Power Ratings. Try -10 from each hitter in the AL or NL. Then, sim a Season and let me know how things look. We can work on it from there. PM as you wish - Thx.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »