Home

Repeat Plays and in Game House Rules

This is a discussion on Repeat Plays and in Game House Rules within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-02-2020, 02:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Repeat Plays and in Game House Rules

I'm trying to find a way to make All Pro a little more difficult, and I'm thinking of implementing a few house rules in order to achieve this. The first thing I was thinking of doing was limiting the number of times I'm allowed to run certain plays in any individual game. My question is - what number is reasonable? How many times will NFL teams run the exact same play from the exact same formation in a single game? I'm thinking like 2-3?

Also, I've seen a number of threads and comments about various house rules that people implement, but these tend to be centered around Free Agency, the Draft, and roster construction in general. Does anyone have any other suggestions for house rules that I can implement during games to make winning a bit more difficult?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Repeat Plays and in Game House Rules

I used to limit myself to only calling a play only once per drive, and only used suggested plays.

Now I only use suggested plays, and choose from the first three plays that pop up. No limit.

You can give any one of those ideas a shot.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
Just started!

bmoyyee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Repeat Plays and in Game House Rules

House rules are hard because then you feel like you are handicapping yourself.

Since NFL Game Pass is free for everyone to try you should go watch an all-22 coaches game film. Check out teams with play styles like you have and see if you can get a good game plan for each team.

If you are going against cover 3 dominant teams you should play differently than teams that use cover 2 alot. Once the game gets going you still will have your comfort plays you can lean on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »