Home

Starting a new Franchise: Tips to make it as up-to-date as possible?

This is a discussion on Starting a new Franchise: Tips to make it as up-to-date as possible? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2020, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Starting a new Franchise: Tips to make it as up-to-date as possible?

Looking to start a new franchise, I will be using a Madden 21 Roster so all the draft picks are on the correct team etc.

Of course naturally when I create a new franchise it will be the 2019/20 Season. I will sim this making the chiefs win the super bowl vs the niners like real life and also the playoff teams making the playoffs.

Is there anything I can do or tips people have that I could do too make it even more up to date and realistic?

I’m aware it won’t be perfect, as there is certain things you can’t control. For example when I skip the first season, all the rookies will technically be in their 2nd year so will have progressed, Brady / Brees etc have a track record of retiring after the first season so I may not even have Brady playing for the Bucs or Brees for the Saints, when I import the draft class featuring Trevor Lawrence so I don’t get a full draft of fake players they’ll be entering the league a year early. These are just a few things that come too mind.

Any other tips and workarounds would be helpful. I’m basically wanting to start a franchise as if it was M21. Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Starting a new Franchise: Tips to make it as up-to-date as possible?

Not understanding why you would sim the first season with an updated roster. Why not just play the first season?
Old 04-28-2020, 12:36 AM   #3
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Looking to start a new franchise, I will be using a Madden 21 Roster so all the draft picks are on the correct team etc.

Of course naturally when I create a new franchise it will be the 2019/20 Season. I will sim this making the chiefs win the super bowl vs the niners like real life and also the playoff teams making the playoffs.

Is there anything I can do or tips people have that I could do too make it even more up to date and realistic?

I’m aware it won’t be perfect, as there is certain things you can’t control. For example when I skip the first season, all the rookies will technically be in their 2nd year so will have progressed, Brady / Brees etc have a track record of retiring after the first season so I may not even have Brady playing for the Bucs or Brees for the Saints, when I import the draft class featuring Trevor Lawrence so I don’t get a full draft of fake players they’ll be entering the league a year early. These are just a few things that come too mind.

Any other tips and workarounds would be helpful. I’m basically wanting to start a franchise as if it was M21. Cheers!
Here's what I'm doing. First, I'm re-signing Exclusive Rights Free Agents, and Restricted Free Agents to 2 year deals on the roster. This simulates those tenders that Madden does not have. Players who signed a one or two year deal to remain with their current teams have been re-signed to two or three year deals. Players who had contract options declined in real life were cut, lowered OVR to below 60 to sign to one year contracts so they become free agents.

Then I'm going to run a 32 team Franchise force winning the real results and try to get retirements as close as possible. I'm also lowering the age of Brady, Brees, Fitz and others to keep them beyond year one. Then I'll draft everyone where they were drafted last week.

Note: If you're doing 32 teams, control all owners except the Chiefs. Andy Reid always retires after year one, but if you select to control Andy Reid you can keep him beyond year one.

Last edited by UFCMPunk; 04-28-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 03:35 AM   #4
Rookie

MrZombie09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Here's what I'm doing. First, I'm re-signing Exclusive Rights Free Agents, and Restricted Free Agents to 2 year deals on the roster. This simulates those tenders that Madden does not have. Players who signed a one or two year deal to remain with their current teams have been re-signed to two or three year deals. Players who had contract options declined in real life were cut, lowered OVR to below 60 to sign to one year contracts so they become free agents.

Then I'm going to run a 32 team Franchise force winning the real results and try to get retirements as close as possible. I'm also lowering the age of Brady, Brees, Fitz and others to keep them beyond year one. Then I'll draft everyone where they were drafted last week.

Note: If you're doing 32 teams, control all owners except the Chiefs. Andy Reid always retires after year one, but if you select to control Andy Reid you can keep him beyond year one.

I tried to do something similar. I started with a post-free agency roster, added an extra year to some player contracts, took control of the 32 teams, made cuts to get every roster to 53 players and when I simmed to the first week of the regular season, a bunch of players disappeared from the free agent pool, including guys like Cam Newton.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-28-2020, 04:20 AM   #5
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Not understanding why you would sim the first season with an updated roster. Why not just play the first season?
Because as mentioned in my post I want it to be as up to do as real life as possible. If I played the first season then it’d be like the Chiefs never won the Super Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 12:51 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Because as mentioned in my post I want it to be as up to do as real life as possible. If I played the first season then it’d be like the Chiefs never won the Super Bowl.
Does this actually make any difference?
Old 04-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #7
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Does this actually make any difference?
For me, I’d want the different schedule. Been playing the same schedule for so long, gets boring
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 PM   #8
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You have Ruggs catch ratings way too low

He had a lower drop rate than Jeudy and Lamb

Bryan Edwards spectacular catch is also pretty low
Wrong thread. I don’t make the rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »