Home

Career stat overlays missing some of the time

This is a discussion on Career stat overlays missing some of the time within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Career stat overlays missing some of the time

An odd quirk -

I play with one team on franchise but control all 30. I relocated the Rays to become the Montreal Expos. Once, I played a random Braves/Marlins game in the franchise to work on my hitting mechanics and not have it count toward my Expos stats. All throughout the game, there were tons of awesome overlays involving career statistics, how close players were to milestones, etc. I saw that Nick Markakis has an absurdly high number of career hits. I never see this stuff when I am playing as the Expos. It's a small thing, but as a stat geek, I'd love to see it. Is there a setting I'm missing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2020, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Career stat overlays missing some of the time

Just throwing this out there. If you’re doing 30-team control, you have a separate profile set up for your 29 CPU teams, correct? Since you were playing as one of your CPU teams, you may just have different presentation settings under your second profile.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMaxxx13
Just throwing this out there. If you’re doing 30-team control, you have a separate profile set up for your 29 CPU teams, correct? Since you were playing as one of your CPU teams, you may just have different presentation settings under your second profile.
This could be, actually...Is there a setting I should have on in my primary profile? I can't see anything in the presentation options.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:31 AM   #4
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Have you recently started using Quick Counts? It my experience you lose A LOT in the way of Stat overlays when using Quick Counts.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Have you recently started using Quick Counts? It my experience you lose A LOT in the way of Stat overlays when using Quick Counts.
YES! Thats it! I didn't use quick counts on the practice game to work on my batting eye. I use quick counts on my games to actually have time to play a season. Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 10:52 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Speaking of stat overlays, is there a presentation option to get the old type of stat overlays where a guy comes to the plate and you get a big graphic showing his average, home runs, rbi, and how he’s done so far in the game? Not it’s all jammed in with the score and the graphic that shows how many outs and men on base. I didn’t play last years game so I don’t know if it’s a new change this year or last year but it’s totally different from 18
Old 04-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Speaking of stat overlays, is there a presentation option to get the old type of stat overlays where a guy comes to the plate and you get a big graphic showing his average, home runs, rbi, and how he’s done so far in the game? Not it’s all jammed in with the score and the graphic that shows how many outs and men on base. I didn’t play last years game so I don’t know if it’s a new change this year or last year but it’s totally different from 18

That’s part of the “The Show theme”
I believe the only way to get it to do what your saying is play using the mlb network theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
That’s part of the “The Show theme”
I believe the only way to get it to do what your saying is play using the mlb network theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That worked, makes a huge difference to me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »