Home

Franchise mode consensus.

This is a discussion on Franchise mode consensus. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Franchise mode consensus.

I find myself in this situation almost every single year, dabbling in the Madden forums trying to figure out if Madden’s franchise mode is for me. I used to play Madden and NCAA religiously. But around Madden 10 or so I just started to lose interest. I buy Madden every other year or so, play it for a bit but really I’ve not been able to truly get into a Madden franchise mode once Madden 2005. I payed though probably 10 seasons on that game and loved it. And I miss the days of video game football.

My question for those of you who play exclusively offline franchise is, how was 20 overall and what’s Madden 21’s franchise mode looking like? Like most of us on here at OS that plat franchise modes, I strive for realism. I know it’s kind of a vague question, but overall what was the consensus on franchise last year and how’s it looking for the up-coming iteration?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise mode consensus.

This was my first Madden in years. Franchise sucked till I got the custom draft classes and sliders. It made it playable but bugs like the sim bug when you watch games and it plays the same series over and over but the score and stats accumulate. So the other teams gets a million chances to score and depending on your team, either you get blown out or end up with a unreal amount of sacks and interceptions.

It's ok. But from what I understand it's the same games as last year exactly. I think this year for me, I will probably be more pissed.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Overall, I've had more fun and longevity with Madden 20 than any other Madden on the current gen and the previous gen. I've gone through about 20 seasons total when combining all my franchises (about 4 or 5). The X-Factors and Scenario Engine have added to my enjoyment (though the scenario engine isn't fleshed out). Hopefully they can add one or two good features (coordinators, training camp, retooled scouting) in Madden 21.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 04-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #4
Rookie

I miss the real NCAA to Madden tranfer I played both religiously. It's not the same anymore. I was more invested in the players I drafted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
MVP

It’s very fun in that old school, semi-sim way. If you’re looking for it to be like Head Coach or OTTP yeah no. But if you really just relax and PLAY the game - play as in play, like a child - it can be great.

One thing I do now that I wasn’t doing for years was really building a team in my own image. For so long I bottled up any and all creativity, striving for “realism,” that I completely forgot what it’s like to really PLAY these games.

Fire the thing up, identify weaknesses on your roster and address them. Then take special time to comb over your depth charts, make positions changes, cut guys you don’t like, sign FAs that you do, make trades, etc., building towards creating the perfect football team that wins games with optimal efficiency on offense and suffocating defense that throws shutouts on the regular.

Be hypercritical of every playcall, every play, every missed block, every dropped pass; notice the specifics of what happened on a given play (so-and-so missed the tackle there; great play by the DT there) and do things like promote, demote and cut players based on those observations, as necessary.

Can’t stop the pass but #1 against the run? Instead of heading to the sliders, bite the bullet and give up defending the run for a game. Allow 250 yards rushing, who cares? That’s better than allowing 450 yards passing, isn’t it? Prove to yourself that you can even call a good enough game to stop the pass in the first place.

If you want the game to be a hardcore experience you can make it pretty hardcore.

The thing is a football team bonsai tree. I like it a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 05:10 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
It’s very fun in that old school, semi-sim way. If you’re looking for it to be like Head Coach or OTTP yeah no. But if you really just relax and PLAY the game - play as in play, like a child - it can be great.

One thing I do now that I wasn’t doing for years was really building a team in my own image. For so long I bottled up any and all creativity, striving for “realism,” that I completely forgot what it’s like to really PLAY these games.

Fire the thing up, identify weaknesses on your roster and address them. Then take special time to comb over your depth charts, make positions changes, cut guys you don’t like, sign FAs that you do, make trades, etc., building towards creating the perfect football team that wins games with optimal efficiency on offense and suffocating defense that throws shutouts on the regular.

Be hypercritical of every playcall, every play, every missed block, every dropped pass; notice the specifics of what happened on a given play (so-and-so missed the tackle there; great play by the DT there) and do things like promote, demote and cut players based on those observations, as necessary.

Can’t stop the pass but #1 against the run? Instead of heading to the sliders, bite the bullet and give up defending the run for a game. Allow 250 yards rushing, who cares? That’s better than allowing 450 yards passing, isn’t it? Prove to yourself that you can even call a good enough game to stop the pass in the first place.

If you want the game to be a hardcore experience you can make it pretty hardcore.

The thing is a football team bonsai tree. I like it a lot.

Yeah, I’m not looking for a full-blown sim. I enjoy the actual playing, but I also love scouting, drafting, building a team, etc.

I just have to know if it’s at least MORE simulation than arcade.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 04-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Another question, too. How’s the presentation? I remember the last Madden game I played for just a little while, the camera cut to the coaches almost every time in between plays. And as petty as it sounds, it really sucks that they took out the players walking to the line of scrimmage. I swear, every year I hate modes like Madden Ultimate Team and Diamond Dynasty even more. All it does it take away from what franchise mode could be.

Prior to online modes like MUT and DD, franchise mode Was the focus of pretty much every developer. Can you imagine if we still had that. What if the last 10-15 years developers spent all the time they have on online modes and used it upwards franchise modes. It would be amazing.

But sadly what we get is just leftovers.

Streaming on Twitch
Old 04-26-2020, 06:28 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I just have to know if it’s at least MORE simulation than arcade.

I would say so, yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »