Home

Still no Perfect/Perfect?

This is a discussion on Still no Perfect/Perfect? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-26-2020, 02:55 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Still no Perfect/Perfect?

Ok so I am about 35 games into an Offline Fantasy Drafted Franchise season. I am using a slightly modified version of Mike Lowe’s sliders on HoF/HoF and I turn the PCI off. I have been playing MLB the Show since 2012 and my team is actually winning games since I’m 27-8 on the season. I can’t, for the life of how, get a Perfect/Perfect. I feel like I should have accidentally gotten one at this point and when I posted this same thing on Twitter last week at the 25 game mark, people basically laughed at me, told me I sucked and that I need to practice more, while also telling me they get them 1-2 times per game. I’m not saying I’m some amazing player, but I certainly don’t suck to the point where I wouldn’t have gotten a couple at least let alone 1-2 per game. Am I doing something wrong here? Someone else suggested I play online games and see if I get any there so maybe I’ll try that, but with as much as SCEA was hyping Perfect/Perfect, I would think I should be able to get a few here and there during my offline franchise.

I’m open to any/all suggestions. Please try to avoid telling me how much I must suck for even posting about this, I get it, I suck...now please help me suck a little less

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 04:07 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Still no Perfect/Perfect?

What is your timing slider at? If it's pretty low, then the window for them is really slim. If it's 4 or more then I'd expect you to have gotten one by now. How often do you square the ball up near the dead center of the PCI?

― Plato
Old 04-26-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
Rookie

TonyMoraco15's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
Ok so I am about 35 games into an Offline Fantasy Drafted Franchise season. I am using a slightly modified version of Mike Lowe’s sliders on HoF/HoF and I turn the PCI off. I have been playing MLB the Show since 2012 and my team is actually winning games since I’m 27-8 on the season. I can’t, for the life of how, get a Perfect/Perfect. I feel like I should have accidentally gotten one at this point and when I posted this same thing on Twitter last week at the 25 game mark, people basically laughed at me, told me I sucked and that I need to practice more, while also telling me they get them 1-2 times per game. I’m not saying I’m some amazing player, but I certainly don’t suck to the point where I wouldn’t have gotten a couple at least let alone 1-2 per game. Am I doing something wrong here? Someone else suggested I play online games and see if I get any there so maybe I’ll try that, but with as much as SCEA was hyping Perfect/Perfect, I would think I should be able to get a few here and there during my offline franchise.

I’m open to any/all suggestions. Please try to avoid telling me how much I must suck for even posting about this, I get it, I suck...now please help me suck a little less

Thanks!

Hey man! Don’t be so hard on yourself, listen here, I get perfect perfect all the time in games... but guess what? Most of them are perfect perfect to the CF or the RF or perfect perfect groundball for a double play! Perfect perfect basehit sometimes... my point is, don’t worry about getting perfect perfect if you are getting the results you are looking for without it... they will come, but don’t look for them.

Another thing.. I play directional HOF.
Old 04-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

I’ve definitely gotten my fair share of perfect/perfect and I’m playing on similar settings as you but honestly, why does it matter? Half the time my perfect/perfect end up in outs.
Other than the very nice sound they make coming off the bat there’s really no difference to a normally hit ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 04:45 PM   #5
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

My perfect perfects are usually singles , doubles, line outs or high pop outs. On occasional home run. Most of my homers aren't perfect perfects. Too me it's more or less aesthetics. Sounds and looks great but not necessarily the result you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 04:55 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey man,

Are you using guess pitch of any kind? I found it difficult to get a perfect/perfect when using guess pitch. I turned it off and bam I was getting them at least 2-3 per game. I play on HOF with the default slider settings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »