Home

Stolen Bases

This is a discussion on Stolen Bases within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #1
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

OVR: 0
Stolen Bases

Is it just me, or is it really difficult to steal bases this year? I dialed down my “baserunner speed” slider to 3 because I think it reflects plays at 1st, and 1st to 3rd situations more accurately, but that must really kill stolen base chances.

In my Royals franchise, Mondesi & Merrifield have combined for just 12 SB’s and have been caught stealing 12 times!

I get good jumps most of the time, but it doesn’t seem to matter. Not to mention that every throw from the catcher is miraculously perfect...1st base side of 2nd, at the knees.

Anyone else seeing this? Do I simply need to boost the baserunner speed slider back up to 5 or 6?

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
MLB - Kansas City Royals, Colorado Rockies
NFL - Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers
NBA - Milwaukee Bucks, Memphis Grizzlies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 07:11 PM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Stolen Bases

I have seen this for years. There is no collision detection. I’ve done replays and on these head first slides the extended fingers have been over the top of the bag, but not actually touching the bag, tag is then applied, and they are still called out. Not sure if anything will be done, but I’ve resorted to QUICK MANAGE if I want to steal.
Old 04-25-2020, 08:42 PM   #3
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

I use classic baserunning but have to read situation(count, pitcher delivery & catcher arm) but R2(preload) & R1(lead off) in that order, got this help last year (still works) on the forums about 80 percent with the Nationals can steal with Soto with about 53 speed & 15 steal ability.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 04-25-2020, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

My problem is literally no one I control gets a good jump. If I let them do it themselves they start running when the ball is half way to the plate and even when I release it myself it seems to take a couple seconds to register. I’ve never had this problem before but it’s getting very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 02:39 AM   #5
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I have seen this for years. There is no collision detection. I’ve done replays and on these head first slides the extended fingers have been over the top of the bag, but not actually touching the bag, tag is then applied, and they are still called out. Not sure if anything will be done, but I’ve resorted to QUICK MANAGE if I want to steal.
Very true. Quick Manage is the only way I can get a steal anymore. And it shouldn’t be like that with two of the fastest and best base stealers in Merrifield and Mondesi.

And I agree...the tag work around the bag is horrible. It’s all too clean and proper. There should be more collisions as the runner dives into 2nd.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 02:41 AM   #6
Rookie

BBallBryan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
My problem is literally no one I control gets a good jump. If I let them do it themselves they start running when the ball is half way to the plate and even when I release it myself it seems to take a couple seconds to register. I’ve never had this problem before but it’s getting very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly! It’s like they’re stuck in quicksand on their jump to 2nd, even after I got WHAT LOOKED LIKE a great jump. It’s cost me several caught stealings.

NCAA - Kansas Jayhawks
Old 04-26-2020, 08:25 AM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

No issues here.

Harrison Bader leads the league with 32 stolen bases on the year and we are tied for 2nd best in the majors with a .786 steal rate percentage.

EDIT: Not sure how I deleted this line, but this is with baserunner speed at default (5 I guess)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-26-2020 at 09:54 AM. Reason: line was omitted from my post...
Old 04-26-2020, 09:44 AM   #8
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
No issues here.

Harrison Bader leads the league with 32 stolen bases on the year and we are tied for 2nd best in the majors with a .786 steal rate percentage.

Hmmm. That's all well and good, but the fact that players hands are over, but not touching the bag, and the runner is called out is real and it happens way to often. Get the jump, reach the bag before the tag, get called out because the hand is not actually "touching" the bag. It is something that SDS really needs to take a look at. Anybody who plays the game can see this issue. I have looked at this from every possible angle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »