Home

MLB The Show 20: MLB Players League Highlighting Gameplay Issues

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: MLB Players League Highlighting Gameplay Issues within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB The Show 20: MLB Players League Highlighting Gameplay Issues

These are tough times for everyone. Game development and team collaboration is more difficult than ever...

Written By: Joe Doyle

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: MLB Players League Highlighting Gameplay Issues

So just about all the gameplay issues were covered in this article and just wanted to know what and when is something going to be done about this stuff??? SDS has all the tools to get this stuff fixed even in times like this but keeping players in the dark about what’s going to be done to fix this stuff is not a good move and to have mlb players have the game just take a crap on them durning an event should be embarrassing. So the question is left what and when are we all going to see some results from SDS about the current status of the games playability???
Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

What happens to me is with a baserunner on first and a ground ball hit to the outfield the baserunner will run back to first. I nudge him toward second as soon as I see the issue, but because his momentum is heading toward first he is unabke to reverse his direction in time to beat the throw to second

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #4
Pro

Hitting online was so good out of the box and I will never know why they just had to **** with it. It blows my mind that they put so much effort into legitimate, observable improvements and then a month after release return to HR derby gameplay (with the opportunity to get bloops in the last few innings) and nerf directional in multiplayer.

They have to be getting feedback from some group of people who demand this and I'm just curious as to who.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:05 AM   #5
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad211
So just about all the gameplay issues were covered in this article and just wanted to know what and when is something going to be done about this stuff??? SDS has all the tools to get this stuff fixed even in times like this but keeping players in the dark about what’s going to be done to fix this stuff is not a good move and to have mlb players have the game just take a crap on them durning an event should be embarrassing. So the question is left what and when are we all going to see some results from SDS about the current status of the games playability???
I use auto field/manual throw so I’m not affected, but geez, what have they done? This patch should concentrate on one issue alone.....fixing this for you guys. Period.

If nothing else this should be a learning issue for the team. Quit adding crap and fix ALL the bugs and legacy issues. What good does a new shoe type and changing the color of a foul pole have when you’ve got this to live down.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 04-22-2020 at 12:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

This has to be SDS worst nightmare...having MLB players call out their issues and bugs. On the other hand, they had to expect that some of this was going to happen going into the agreement.

It is embarrassing and all efforts should be placed on fixing the bugs seen first hand by the experts. Especially the fielding issues. They have got to get on top of that. And oh yeah, for the love of God, fix the bunting issues and let's have the fielders go to first (not second) on effective sac bunts!!!

C
Old 04-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

After losing a playoff game in MTO yesterday because of outfield catch failures 2 different times, I'm going to do it... Turn on Auto Fielding for now, that is. So disappointed.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I can honestly barely play this game right now offline. Feels like the game is constantly fighting me to ruin my experience and make me take bad Ls or artificially give me close games.

I'm glad this Players tourny is shedding some light on the problems, but if we think that's going to somehow speed up a fix with every SDS employee working from home we're kidding ourselves. I don't expect this to be fixed until June. There's just too much backtracking to be done with hitting and fielding. If it's done earlier than that I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm just glad I'm not the type of person that buys Stubs or else I'd be irate right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »