Home

Madden 19 Nectar VS Madden 20 Sabo

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Nectar VS Madden 20 Sabo within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Madden 19 Nectar VS Madden 20 Sabo

So I'm a huge 2K5 guy. I'm looking at buying one of these games to play an offline franchise. Which game and mod package do you guys suggest for someone like myself?

Sent from my GM1915 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OutSider123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Nectar VS Madden 20 Sabo

Isn't Nectar for Online mode? Last I can remember playing with it in Offline mode you would see crazy stats. Multiple rushers breaking 2k a season, 7 TD games by QB's and so forth. Online the stats were more normal if still a bit inflated at times. AI decison making was maddening at times, wide open hole and player would run into a tackle, couldn't get the sliders right so that may have been part of the issue. The thread with the latest version is confusing as it's not clear at all what sliders to use and the difference between them can be night and day.

I could never get 20 working with a Legends roster so I never played it so can't judge based on that.

Just on that alone I'd suggest Madden 20 Sabo. I also only played CPU vs CPU so I can only judge based off that
Old 04-16-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0

Come play Madden 20. Along with Sabo's mod, we've fixed progression/made a more in depth scouting tool, made an offline start today franchise file (including updates to team logos/uniforms, stadiums, etc), we've made a mod to improve CPU logic in franchise mode, among other things.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 14

Sounds good, guys.

I just signed up for shadow cloud gaming. That's how I'm be running it. Basically going to rent a remote gaming PC to install it on and stream from. Also signed up for FiOS gigabit.

Don't have a gaming PC. And definitely don't want to go drop $1k on a suitable setup.

So I'll just stream it to my home PC lol.

Sent from my GM1915 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sabo's revival. It's still being worked on so it kinda wins by default. But actually I think it always was the better playing mod. Nectar might have spread itself a bit too thin with all the extra focus on graphical content and seemed a bit unfocused and too ambitious for its own good. (An NFL Blitz style mode too?)

No denying that it added some neat stuff though. Sucks there was so much static between the two modders which ultimately was the cause for Nectar's demise in the end really.

Too bad no one really picked up the torch where he left off. He definitely knew his graphics tech. I mean he was dabbling in adding stuff like Ray-Tracing near the end of it all

Edit:Just learned Nectar's gameplay changes are being ported and made to work with Revival by a user on Sabo's discord, so the torch has been picked up in a way. The modding community never ceases to amaze me!

Last edited by segarr; 04-19-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »