Home

Quarantine Franchise

This is a discussion on Quarantine Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2020, 03:52 AM   #1
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

OVR: 0
Quarantine Franchise

I’m sure a lot of us are in a similar position, so I figured I would start a discussion on it.

While we are quarantining, I am wanting to start a franchise to pass the time. However, given that it is such an awkward time to begin a new franchise, I’m not sure what to do.

I’m not a huge fan of using the free-agent rosters because then you start your game a year off. I know you can put progression on zero and whatnot but still, I wanted to know if anyone has any fun alternative ideas? I personally am looking for a real NFL franchise (none of those “make all your players 60 overall” challenges) to take over and do a realistic-style franchise with that will be a fun way to pass quarantine.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Quarantine Franchise

We are also restricted by the fact Commumity Share isn't working.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
I’m sure a lot of us are in a similar position, so I figured I would start a discussion on it.

While we are quarantining, I am wanting to start a franchise to pass the time. However, given that it is such an awkward time to begin a new franchise, I’m not sure what to do.

I’m not a huge fan of using the free-agent rosters because then you start your game a year off. I know you can put progression on zero and whatnot but still, I wanted to know if anyone has any fun alternative ideas? I personally am looking for a real NFL franchise (none of those “make all your players 60 overall” challenges) to take over and do a realistic-style franchise with that will be a fun way to pass quarantine.

Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

Start a new offline franchise with the default rosters. Then, using 100% XP sliders (do not use custom XP sliders), quick simulate out about 15 years (I suggest starting the initial 10 year run and then walking away and doing something else as it takes a bit). Basically, get all the real guys purged out (Mahomes is annoying to get rid of). Then, pick a team at random....and start from there. (One word of advice, for whatever team you choose for the initial sim, make sure all their roster stuff is on auto)

Now, there WILL be differences in roster composition. Player overalls will be lower and team overalls will be tighter. But...you will see more one dimensional players (as the CPU tends to develop almost strictly along archetypes). Those more "one dimensional" guys give you opportunities to really gameplan as strengths/weaknesses will be more pronounced.

It opens up a wealth of storylines for you to unravel by playing and learning your team; your players; and the league as a whole. The gameplay isn't fundamentally different, but the specialized players will really stand out (good and bad) and you'll see a little better variety in outcomes.

One piece of advice and the reason I suggest doing this in an offline franchise. The game generated coaches will often have mis-matched schemes and playbooks. You may have a team running a Cover 2 scheme and TB's playbook (which is a 34). So, you'll want to do an initial sweep through and take temporary control of those coaches and align the playbooks to their schemes (at your leisure - have some fun with it too...if a team has an awesome scrambling QB, maybe give them the Baltimore PB). But you'll have a brand new fictional universe.

Even if you simulate 15 seasons at the start...that still leaves you with 15 seasons afterwards to actually play. And you can do this again and again and again and never get the same outcome.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Start a new offline franchise with the default rosters. Then, using 100% XP sliders (do not use custom XP sliders), quick simulate out about 15 years (I suggest starting the initial 10 year run and then walking away and doing something else as it takes a bit). Basically, get all the real guys purged out (Mahomes is annoying to get rid of). Then, pick a team at random....and start from there. (One word of advice, for whatever team you choose for the initial sim, make sure all their roster stuff is on auto)

Now, there WILL be differences in roster composition. Player overalls will be lower and team overalls will be tighter. But...you will see more one dimensional players (as the CPU tends to develop almost strictly along archetypes). Those more "one dimensional" guys give you opportunities to really gameplan as strengths/weaknesses will be more pronounced.

It opens up a wealth of storylines for you to unravel by playing and learning your team; your players; and the league as a whole. The gameplay isn't fundamentally different, but the specialized players will really stand out (good and bad) and you'll see a little better variety in outcomes.

One piece of advice and the reason I suggest doing this in an offline franchise. The game generated coaches will often have mis-matched schemes and playbooks. You may have a team running a Cover 2 scheme and TB's playbook (which is a 34). So, you'll want to do an initial sweep through and take temporary control of those coaches and align the playbooks to their schemes (at your leisure - have some fun with it too...if a team has an awesome scrambling QB, maybe give them the Baltimore PB). But you'll have a brand new fictional universe.

Even if you simulate 15 seasons at the start...that still leaves you with 15 seasons afterwards to actually play. And you can do this again and again and again and never get the same outcome.
Great advice here. I don’t think many people realize how much better the game plays when all the real world players are gone. I just did this a few days ago. No custom draft classes, default xp. The team’s overalls are much tighter. I think the best team was an 83 overall. There’s only a handful of superstars in the league. From the few games i watched cpu vs cpu, i was seeing way more animations. Just better gameplay overall.

One thing i do when i sim way ahead like this is watch/play all the week one games so i can find which team i like.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #5
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Great advice. Thank you josh!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #6
Just started!

MikeFLA239's Arena

I plan on starting a new franchise using the 2007 rosters if this interests you
Old 04-08-2020, 09:57 PM   #7
Rookie

So I made an offline franchise in Madden 20 on PC so I could control all 32 teams so at the end of the season I could simulate this current off-season. I still want to actually play the games with my main team but I cannot. It has the opponents team selected with a random controller (I only have 1 connected) and you cannot un-select the team.

I tried googling this issue but could not find anything please help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »