Home

Fifa 20 Custom Tactics and Schemes

This is a discussion on Fifa 20 Custom Tactics and Schemes within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Fifa 20 Custom Tactics and Schemes

What kind of schemes are people running with their teams? How do you set up and what custom tactics do you utilise?

I'm currently loving the 541 diamond formation in my Arsenal career mode. It's a really balanced formation that allows you to attack games in a variety of ways without changing formation or personnel.

I play a possession style as default, staying incredibly narrow and dominating the middle of the park on both offense and defense. Overlapping fullbacks provide the width going forward, but the defense is designed to completely give up the flanks and protect the box.

The scheme needs the following players:

GK: Any
L/RWBs: Pacey, high stamina, pinpoint crossers
L/RCBs: Fairly pacey, good short passing, good jumping
CB: Tall, strong, power header
CDM: excellent tackling, good short pass, high stamina
L/RCM: excellent short and long passing, good dribbling
CAM: playmaker, excellent dribbling, good pace
ST: excellent finishing, excellent dribbling, good pace

In terms of custom tactics, I have my ST set to Target Man, even though he's not the traditional kind of player for that role. Instead of being a big, strong ariel target, he needs the ball into his feet and the midfielders playing off him. He needs to have excellent ball control for that reason, and pace is preferable. Aubameyang is a perfect example of this type of player. Fairly tall, but also agile and good with the ball at his feet, excellent finisher inside the box. This is the one player who needs to be pretty versatile, with a range of good attributes. Most others can be more one dimensional.

I have my WBs set to Overlap, and they provide the width to the formation. Its preferable that the ST can win in the air when crosses are put in, but the WBs can also work inside or lay it off to a midfielder on the edge of the box.

The CBs need to be able to win in the air, particularly your main CB, who needs to be very tall and strong. The outside CBs can be smaller, and should have better pace. They also need good short passing because only one CDM means they'll need to play it out from the back often.

I play on Balanced on my default gameplan, and play very tight and deep. The overall scheme is set up to pack the middle of the field with players and protect the box at all costs. Playing tight means more players are in position to defend crosses, and playing deep means the opposition can't play balls in behind. Whilst defending, the intention is to always take away the inside option, defending against potential passes rather than trying to win the ball back by lunging into tackles. Playing in this way means you almost entirely give up the flanks, but this is fine because the defence is set up to defend crosses and balls into the box.

Anybody else have a set up that they particularly like at the moment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Fifa 20 Custom Tactics and Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
What kind of schemes are people running with their teams? How do you set up and what custom tactics do you utilise?

I'm currently loving the 541 diamond formation in my Arsenal career mode. It's a really balanced formation that allows you to attack games in a variety of ways without changing formation or personnel.

I play a possession style as default, staying incredibly narrow and dominating the middle of the park on both offense and defense. Overlapping fullbacks provide the width going forward, but the defense is designed to completely give up the flanks and protect the box.

The scheme needs the following players:

GK: Any
L/RWBs: Pacey, high stamina, pinpoint crossers
L/RCBs: Fairly pacey, good short passing, good jumping
CB: Tall, strong, power header
CDM: excellent tackling, good short pass, high stamina
L/RCM: excellent short and long passing, good dribbling
CAM: playmaker, excellent dribbling, good pace
ST: excellent finishing, excellent dribbling, good pace

In terms of custom tactics, I have my ST set to Target Man, even though he's not the traditional kind of player for that role. Instead of being a big, strong ariel target, he needs the ball into his feet and the midfielders playing off him. He needs to have excellent ball control for that reason, and pace is preferable. Aubameyang is a perfect example of this type of player. Fairly tall, but also agile and good with the ball at his feet, excellent finisher inside the box. This is the one player who needs to be pretty versatile, with a range of good attributes. Most others can be more one dimensional.

I have my WBs set to Overlap, and they provide the width to the formation. Its preferable that the ST can win in the air when crosses are put in, but the WBs can also work inside or lay it off to a midfielder on the edge of the box.

The CBs need to be able to win in the air, particularly your main CB, who needs to be very tall and strong. The outside CBs can be smaller, and should have better pace. They also need good short passing because only one CDM means they'll need to play it out from the back often.

I play on Balanced on my default gameplan, and play very tight and deep. The overall scheme is set up to pack the middle of the field with players and protect the box at all costs. Playing tight means more players are in position to defend crosses, and playing deep means the opposition can't play balls in behind. Whilst defending, the intention is to always take away the inside option, defending against potential passes rather than trying to win the ball back by lunging into tackles. Playing in this way means you almost entirely give up the flanks, but this is fine because the defence is set up to defend crosses and balls into the box.

Anybody else have a set up that they particularly like at the moment?
Thanks been looking for a good tactics to try for my career mode. Ill let you know if it works for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »