Home

Career Question

This is a discussion on Career Question within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Career Question

I have never played TGC, but I did notice there are a limited number of courses in the game itself. My question is this, in career mode can I use user created courses within the PGA Tour or am I limited to the courses within the game itself?

Thank you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2020, 01:59 AM   #2
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Career Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbball14
I have never played TGC, but I did notice there are a limited number of courses in the game itself. My question is this, in career mode can I use user created courses within the PGA Tour or am I limited to the courses within the game itself?

Thank you
I just bought TGC 2019 last week.

The Career Mode schedule is predetermined and cannot be edited. You get to play some real life events at the real life courses, like The Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass, but most events are fictional and assigned to fictional courses.

If you're looking to have a more realistic season, you could do a solo society in the game. Solo societies allow for much more editing. You can choose the number of events, rename the events, choose the courses for each event from the entire catalog of real and user-created courses, etc.

The downside to this is the sheer amount of time it takes to make all the edits.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Career Question

Forgot to mention in my reply...

While it's not a career mode, I think personally the best way to enjoy The Golf Club is by playing TGC Tours.

Head to their website for all the details, but basically, you play in a PGA Tour-like season with a bunch of other players. It's set up in the Online Societies, and all stats and scores are tracked automatically. You play in a Q-School to determine which tour you play in, so you're paired up with folks of the same skill level. There are forums over there, too, that discuss new course designs, tips and tricks, etc.

It's really the best way to enjoy The Golf Club to the max.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »