Home

The pass rush is a joke in this game

This is a discussion on The pass rush is a joke in this game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

rhys1879safc's Arena

OVR: 0
The pass rush is a joke in this game

Six ****ing sacks given up to Cam Jordan. What an absolute joke this game is. If an edge rusher has an X then you can guarentee you’re getting sacked at least 4 times off them.

EA how many years have you been making these games? Yet you’re still ****ing clueless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The pass rush is a joke in this game

Did you help block with a rb? Did you tell your line to double team?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Did you help block with a rb? Did you tell your line to double team?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Just turn off the silly x-factors. They still work when turned off, but they’re not as overpowered and you don’t get the NBA Jam graphics on the screen.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 03-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah every game against the Cowboys is a guaranteed five sacks for Demarcus Lawrence, and I have a pretty good right tackle. He should at least be able to hold his own some of the time if I don’t double Lawrence
Old 03-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

100% Disagree.

It's not unrealistic. Just utilize double teams, stay in the pocket, step up in the pocket, utilize screens & quick passes, and commit to the run. If you keep doing the same stuff all game without adapting then yes, you're going to give up 6 sacks to one dude. But can you honestly blame that laziness and refusal to adapt on the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I had the same affect with Cam Jordan, he sakced me 6 times.... I have a fantasy draft. I've rotated all my GREAT Lineman and they still gave up a sacks. To the fact I snapped the ball no time to block Cam Jordan. I used Guards like Zack Martin Brandon Brooks, David Decastro, Lane Johnson and Ronnie Stanley.... they legit GOT DESTROYED!!!!

My Dline who i draft with Von Miller doesn't get any sacks only when I use coverage sacks, or send the LB to attack the OT on his side.

I used to love playing defense line but now It's impossible to have fun.
Old 03-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #7
Pro

Devaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
100% Disagree.

It's not unrealistic. Just utilize double teams, stay in the pocket, step up in the pocket, utilize screens & quick passes, and commit to the run. If you keep doing the same stuff all game without adapting then yes, you're going to give up 6 sacks to one dude. But can you honestly blame that laziness and refusal to adapt on the game?

This is how I tend to see it as well. If I don't change up things and commit to slowing down an elite pass rusher they will eventually keep getting to me and I'll give up 4+ sacks to that player.

When I play a CPU opponent with an X factor on the DLine I take note. Garrett, Lawrence, Von Miller, etc. are monsters off the edge. If I get lazy with my play-calling and game plan they will wreak havoc.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
100% Disagree.

The other misinformation is remembering that SS/X-Factors trigger “ Specific Animations and/or Behaviors” and “Do Not” overwrite the Delta between ratings (on Sim Playstyle).

There’s under-the-hood timers/penalties and specifically dealing with blocking interactions, most “delay” the pass rusher win Animations from immediately triggering.

Sim Play Style:
A Pass Rushing X-Factor briefly removes any timer delays and you see the triggering win Swim/Arm Slap/Rip/Spin etc... Animation happening via the ratings Delta.

Comp Play Style:
Same thing but uses hard set “Thresholds” instead of the ratings Delta.

Ratings Delta or Thresholds help determine the “Frequency” and/or “Animation Set” to be used.

SS/X-Factor Abilities are simply extensions to point to a “Specific” set of Animations to be triggered.
- a few Abilities will use (2) Specific Animation sets at one time (ie Fearmonger Ability) that triggers both Blocking and QB Inaccurate Throw Animations (via Pressure Penalty)

Often times dealing with Madden, once an aspect receives a stereotype or designation, the actual “Functionality” is rarely talked about and discussion going forth seems to derive mostly from the applied stereotype/designation.

A lot of these outcome/animation triggering has been happening under-the-hood in the game well before the Front End Ability introduction.

Part of the current push was/is to bring “Context/Understanding” quickly to the User to aid in explaining why an outcome is happening as it relates to the 1) Multi-Player Interactions and 2) Player Differentiation.

Now I will agree that some of the Ability Names chosen tend to lend to the “Gimmicky” stereotype, and would rather they utilize actual football scouting annotations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »