Home

Custom team using legends

This is a discussion on Custom team using legends within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Custom team using legends

Could someone please give me some tips for how to create a team of legends for franchise? I want to replace everyone with legends. All the MLB and some would go to the minors. But I'm not sure of a good way to do this.

I know I'll get most players out of options or something when the season starts which is stupid. They all go on waivers and can be picked up by other teams. That doesn't happen. But what happens is they all are sent to the minors. Then I have to re do my team.

Could someone please help?

What I try to do is just go into the edit team or create team screen. I forget the exact name. Then I'll go to player movement and get rid of everyone by replacing them with legends. this is extremely time consuming. After awhile I'll go back a screen and auto fix roster. I do this to try to wind things down and get a base team to start with line ups and stuff still tweaking what players I want on my team and where. However when I have tried this two times, after I did auto fix I lost players. They disappeared completely. This is a major bug. Doing this whole thing manually without auto fix is near impossible because it takes such a long time and sometimes I have a hard time choosing who to bat where etc.

So I would be so grateful for some tips and suggestions. Please oh please

Last edited by buggs1a; 03-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Custom team using legends

I really hope that someone is willing to help.

Thank you much.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Aww bummer. I'm still trying to figure out the best way.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't noticed a bug with losing players..take the current roster and go into roster control. Click on player movement like you have and trade players from the legend pools to the teams you want. Then go to roster management and that is where you can import or export players, send guys up or down, adjust your rotations and lineups. I would also recommend downloading a legends roster from the roster vault and see if that is a good base for you.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 02:29 AM   #5
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Also, once you have your roster set, if you plan on using in franchise, I wouldn't bother with the lineups because once in franchise you will have to do that again once the regular season starts. Edit your 40 man down to 26 on last day of spring training. Then your lineups should hold when you advance to regular season

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 02:33 AM   #6
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Very time consuming. I'm working on my own all time teams roster adding in more legends like Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens, Jeter, etc. Once I have everything finalized, I will upload to vault. I try to mix in current players with legends and prospects. Pretty decent for top 40 on each team. I just have 1 team left in AL and then I'm going to work on NL

Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks.
How do I deal with 40 man? So I just remove from 40 man players? Why? I don't know much about the 40 man.

And why does the game put all legends on waivers when the season starts? That messes up my rosters and line ups etc too.

Im just confused. Sorry.
Old 03-24-2020, 12:25 AM   #8
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a
Thanks.
How do I deal with 40 man? So I just remove from 40 man players? Why? I don't know much about the 40 man.

And why does the game put all legends on waivers when the season starts? That messes up my rosters and line ups etc too.

Im just confused. Sorry.
There are topics on setting up 30 team control in franchise and how to get your lineups to hold. A quick search thru these forums will help you as well as YouTube tutorials. It will be a while before I test my roster in 20. I do 30 team control and manually edit each team at the end of spring training. You have to edit all teams down to 26 from 40 then advance to regular season

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »