Home

What happened?! WAYYY to many HRs.

This is a discussion on What happened?! WAYYY to many HRs. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #1
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3
What happened?! WAYYY to many HRs.

Mid season carryover franchise save. I now average 6 HRs / game which did NOT happen in ‘19.

Power slider is at 5.

Any ideas on why the surge in bombs in MLB20? Is everyone else having this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

nharemza79's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happened?! WAYYY to many HRs.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Can't find a slider combination that changes it without getting to out of hand. This happened last year as well couldn't get a realistic game until about June or July. Gets really frustrating when one time you turn the game on all is good, download a patch and all of a sudden it is 6 HR per game and nothing else. I have switched back to 19 for the time being. I mean the only difference in Franchise Mode is the Nike uniforms and 26 man roster.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:45 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I've seen others mention it and I've had games where power surges occur and then have one like last night where the final score was 2-1 with zero homeruns. This is a carryover save.

If you're looking for a remedy, and one that I've considered myself, try lowering the solid hits slider to see if that helps. I do think that there are a few too many hard hit balls, but I'm not ready to make a change, as I hate adjusting sliders.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've seen others mention it and I've had games where power surges occur and then have one like last night where the final score was 2-1 with zero homeruns. This is a carryover save.
Same here and one thing I pointed out in my slider thread is how SDS seemed to tighten the offset between fastball speed and offspeed pitches this year. I've been using a one-point offset (FB pitch speed 1 pt faster) in those two sliders and I've had good success with that once I honed-in on a FB speed that made me uncomfortable.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

They are deff an issue in online H2H.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

If you're looking for a remedy, and one that I've considered myself, try lowering the solid hits slider to see if that helps. I do think that there are a few too many hard hit balls, but I'm not ready to make a change, as I hate adjusting sliders.
I don't like adjusting sliders much too as I do think the game plays really well this year. Since the latest patch, I played one game. I am playing with Brewers and Yanks this year. I had been averaging around 4 HRs/game for Brewers and 5 for Yanks and never zero. Played the one game with Brewers and they had zero HRs and the CPU had 1HR. I did up pitch consistency to 7 for user and CPU though.

Brian from SDS gave some really good explanations in the patch 1.04 subforum and also reminded me to pitch to avoid HRs against power hitters. Most of us (and SAP pitchers IRL) try to strike them out. The one HR I gave up was to Alonso so not much you can do. The real test will by next game as the Yanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Same here and one thing I pointed out in my slider thread is how SDS seemed to tighten the offset between fastball speed and offspeed pitches this year. I've been using a one-point offset (FB pitch speed 1 pt faster) in those two sliders and I've had good success with that once I honed-in on a FB speed that made me uncomfortable.
10 fastball and 10 offspeed are supposed to replicate best the speed difference IRL?
Old 03-20-2020, 11:20 AM   #7
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

SDS forgot to highlight the newly added juiced ball from the 2019 season

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 03-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

The truth is, this is how MLB was for the 2019 season. Lots of HRs hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »