Home

30 Team College Rosters - Complete!!!!

This is a discussion on 30 Team College Rosters - Complete!!!! within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
30 Team College Rosters - Complete!!!!

The Corona virus may have taken away college baseball, but we are bringing it back to you as best we can, with MLB The Show 20.

There are 30 complete college rosters included. These rosters include:

- Correct names for the college teams they play on.

- Correct heights and weights.

- Correct throwing/batting hands

- Ratings adjustments (I researched college stats to create a formula for coming up with ratings. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased with the results)

- Correct positions (or at least as much as possible. College players have multiple positions, but I did research and tried to put them where they played in games this season. There is a lot of flexibility with positions for a lot of players).

- Minor adjustments to looks. I didn't go over board here, but tried to get skin color and facial hair included at the very least.

- Name pronunciation. I hate when players don't have names in the game. Some players were impossible to get close, but I did my best.

What's not included:

- Correct home towns. This doesn't really impact the game, so I didn't spend time doing it, but there is plans to do it next season now that a base set is made.

We were hoping that MLB The Show 20 would allow uniform sharing, but we now know they did not. We had every intention of making uniforms for you, and tried very hard to find a way but came up empty. What we did instead was provide logos. LonestarGaming did a tremendous amount of amazing work getting you everything you need to make uniforms in one quick stop, for all 30 teams. He even posted a video on how to do it, which is posted below.

https://youtu.be/GtsCfVELv1A

Another major addition was the adjustments of contracts and service time for players. Almost all real life professional players have edited contracts. They are long term contracts, for really cheap. All college players have zero service time. This will make the game more of a college feel than MLB. This will make free agency almost non existent, and will also tie college players into their team for 6 seasons. I simmed a season to test, and it worked great.

I strongly suggest that when using these rosters you take control of all 30 teams. You do not want teams trading with each other, calling up MLBers, or signing/not signing the players you want them to. Like I mentioned, the contracts were adjusted to make life really easy on the user in the off-season.

I hope all of you, who love college baseball as much as me, get to enjoy this. I'll probably be using these rosters until MLB The Show 21.

Between research, editing players and contracts, adjusting line ups, creating logos, we have over 200 hours of time putting these rosters together. The vast majority of this work was done by just two people (again big thanks to LoneStarGaming). This is free of charge, but if you enjoy the rosters and want to show us appreciation for the effort it took to do these, and would also like us to continue doing this every year, a link to my venmo account is posted below. We would appreciate any contribution. Hope you all enjoy.

Here's the link to my Venmo profile.

https://venmo.com/code?user_id=2788910497267712420

Rosters under GT - oooLSUtigersooo (Name - 30 Team College Rosters)
Logos under GT - LoneStarGaming

Last edited by hold that tiger 1024; 03-19-2020 at 12:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 10:38 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 30 Team College Rosters - Complete!!!!

When creating the uniforms, build these uniforms for these teams. That is who the college rosters are under.

Louisville - Yankees
Miami - Ray's
Florida State - Red Sox
North Carolina - Orioles
Virginia - Blue Jays

Florida - Indians
Vandy - Detroit
Georgia - Twins
Texas A&M - White Sox
Auburn - Royals

LSU - Astros
Ole Miss - Angels
Arkansas - A's
Miss State - Mariners
Alabama - Rangers

Michigan - Mets
Indiana - Phillies
Fullerton - Braves
Rice - Marlins
Coastal Carolina - Nationals

Texas Tech - Cardinals
TCU - Reds
Texas - Pirates
Oklahoma - Brewers
Baylor - Cubs

UCLA - Dodgers
Arizona St - D Backs
USC - Giants
Stanford - Rockies
Oregon St - Padres

Last edited by hold that tiger 1024; 03-19-2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Also... Forgot to mention.

The 40 man rosters only included college players, which means that each 40 man roster had between 33-38 players (depending on how many the college had on their official roster). When I tested the rosters, the game automatically filled in the rest of the 40 man with professional players for some reason.

I asked for help figuring out how to stop this from happening, but have gotten nothing yet. If we find a fix, I will let you know. Worst case scenario, you will just have to go in and adjust the 40 man's back to college only players. It's a pretty easy adjustment, and if you have control over all 30 teams you don't have to worry about players clearing waivers and being signed by another team.

Last edited by hold that tiger 1024; 03-19-2020 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:57 PM   #4
MVP

GEAUX Tigers !!!

Thanks .............
Old 03-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #5
Rookie

If your team was not included, but you would like them to be, let me know. We may be able to work something out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 11:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold that tiger 1024
If your team was not included, but you would like them to be, let me know. We may be able to work something out.

This is INCREDIBLE!! Thank you for these and for including Auburn!!

Another tremendous add would be the Illinois Fighting Illini. Any chance you could work them in?
Old 03-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Sent you a private message.

Old 03-18-2020, 11:43 PM   #8
Rookie

joebrown352's Arena

OVR: 1

Good stuff man. Looking forward to using these. Appreciate the video on making the uniforms as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »