Home

Two Way Players

This is a discussion on Two Way Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-17-2020, 10:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Two Way Players

Is there a way to edit that?? Seems like only Ohtani is!
My Historic Roster is up!
KISS 75

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2020, 11:40 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Two Way Players

No way to edit them man.

The feature only works in franchise mode. A 2 way player has to start out as a pitcher then you have to move him to a position where he must play at least 20 innings or more and get at least 3 at bats to be classified as 2 way player. Once this is achieved he will get a the 2 way icon in franchise mode.

Edit: right now you can take the Jake Cronenworth CAP for the Padres and edit him. He is listed a P with secondary positions of 2B/SS/3B.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No way to edit them man.

The feature only works in franchise mode. A 2 way player has to start out as a pitcher then you have to move him to a position where he must play at least 20 innings or more and get at least 3 at bats to be classified as 2 way player. Once this is achieved he will get a the 2 way icon in franchise mode.

Edit: right now you can take the Jake Cronenworth CAP for the Padres and edit him. He is listed a P with secondary positions of 2B/SS/3B.
after doing the above, can you have the player default to their secondary position in the lineup screen? i.e., can i make ruth my RF every day?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
No way to edit them man.

How does energy work. If I make a starter who will play 2nd/DH when he isn't pitching, would I need to rest him the day before a start, or are their pitcher and hitter energy levels different? THANKS!
Old 03-18-2020, 04:41 PM   #5
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
No way to edit them man.

How do I make the player, play a position? I look at my lineup and it doesnt let me change the defensive position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #6
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

As I mentioned in another thread the biggest issue here is with Ohtani because he counts as a pitcher. for the 13 pitcher minimum so for the true angels rosters you can't have 8 men in the BP unless you want to use Ohtani as a starting pitcher.

What gets me though is in edit player there is a option to say Yes or No for two way player and it is grayed out. and Ohtani says 'no' for his. it's like they were going to put that option in editing for us but decided not to and forget to hide it out of the edit player options from us
Old 03-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #7
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
How do I make the player, play a position? I look at my lineup and it doesnt let me change the defensive position.
You can only do it BEFORE the game on the lineup screen. not in roster managment
Old 03-18-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
You can only do it BEFORE the game on the lineup screen. not in roster managment
Thank you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »