Home

Franchise 20 issues/workarounds

This is a discussion on Franchise 20 issues/workarounds within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-15-2020, 08:31 AM   #1
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Franchise 20 issues/workarounds

1. Playoff eligibility wrong. Only players on active 26 man roster or IL as if September 1st eligible for the postseason.

actual rule is anyone on 40 man as of August 30th is eligible. **bug report filed

2. Default roster causes reshuffling of minor leaguers through multiple trades. 20-30 trades happening on april 1st through 5th. Trade slider does not work cannot reduce.

*User created roster adjustments can be made that eliminate this issue. Also 19 rosters work. I'm sure it will also be addressed in next roster update.

People can test by simming first season with default rosters. Then try with ones I uoloaded for comparison. Tabarnes19 user name.

3. Options are incorrect/too few. This causes players to have to go through waivers when they should be eligible to be optioned to minors. Affects many prospects.
**would require a roster update. Hopeful a patch to make options editable. Players that have 5 plus mlb experience cannot be optioned in real rules without agreeing. If editable could remove options for all players with 5 plus years experience.

4. Contracts are undervalued. In the offseason contracts are significantly lower to scale. Players also recieve less than they do through arbitration. Examples are young 88-95 overall closers. Average contract is 5.5-7.5 million a year. Starting pitchers that are number 2 or 3 quality make 7.5-12.5 annually. Examples are Bauer, Kluber etc...

Payrolls across league march down in successive seasons. Besides the elite players contracts are severely disproportionate from "real" contracts.

**tuning would need to be done to adjust values of worth for players in free agency.

5. Progression/regression
Players progress and regress relative to the league. Starting pitching progression accelerates to point where in 4 years starting rotations are full of players 82 plus in overall with starters in bullpen with 80 plus overall. Ratings do not reflect ability. Many times have high era.

**adjust potential of prospects in minors. Reduce the number of A and B pitching prospects.

I will add any others here as I see them or if anyone else finds any. This will make it easier to address and find some solutions.

6.OSD displays wrong info. Shows stats for previous player. (Fixed in 1.05)

7.Found another bug. When going into trade block I cannot find certain players there. Many appear to be in A ball. Seems to be an issue with roster management too when editing rosters.

8. Teams are carrying more than 13 pitchers on active roster. Pre-release was one of the rules that was new and implemented. Doesn't appear to be working correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by tabarnes19_SDS; 04-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise 20 issues/workarounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
1. Playoff eligibility wrong. Only players on active 26 man roster or IL as if September 1st eligible for the postseason.

actual rule is anyone on 40 man as of August 30th is eligible. **bug report filed

2. Default roster causes reshuffling of minor leaguers through multiple trades.

User created roster adjustments can be made that eliminate this issue. Also 19 rosters work. I'm sure it will also be addressed in next roster update.

3. Options are incorrect/too few. This causes players to have to go through waivers when they should be eligible to be optioned to minors. Affects many prospects.
**would require a roster update. Hopeful a patch to make options editable. Players that have 5 plus mlb experience cannot be optioned in real rules without agreeing. If editable could remove options for all players with 5 plus years experience.

4. Contracts are undervalued. In the offseason contracts are significantly lower to scale. Players also recieve less than they do through arbitration. Examples are young 88-95 overall closers. Average contract is 5.5-7.5 million a year. Starting pitchers that are number 2 or 3 quality make 7.5-12.5 annually. Examples are Bauer, Kluber etc...

Payrolls across league march down in successive seasons. Besides the elite players contracts are severely disproportionate from "real" contracts.

**tuning would need to be done to adjust values of worth for players in free agency.

Players progress and regress relative to the league. Starting pitching progression accelerates to point where in 4 years starting rotations are full of players 82 plus in overall with starters in bullpen with 80 plus overall. Ratings do not reflect ability. Many times have high era.

**adjust potential of prospects in minors. Reduce the number of A and B pitching prospects.

I will add any others here as I see them or if anyone else finds any. This will make it easier to address and find some solutions.

This is a perfect of example of why I don't understand the crowd that wants things like Owner Mode and concession/ticket prices and tedious things like that added to Franchise when there are so many things currently broken that if would be fixed would make the mode 10X better
Old 03-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #3
Rookie

Anyone had an issue with reallocating people back to their minor league clubs before the regular season ends? It’s requiring me to use a minor league option to send them back before regular season at the end of spring training.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19

2. Default roster causes reshuffling of minor leaguers through multiple trades.

User created roster adjustments can be made that eliminate this issue. Also 19 rosters work. I'm sure it will also be addressed in next roster update.

Did you send this to the official feedback form for the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #5
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Can you elaborate on point number 2? What do you mean by reshuffling through multiple trades?

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Can you elaborate on point number 2? What do you mean by reshuffling through multiple trades?

So what he means is that their are a lot of trades right after a season starts with the default rosters.

This has happened in the past with the OSFM and FM rosters as it is more indicative of the high potential grades across the board and the game looking to put some balance in the league at the start.

You will see upwards of 15 or so trades to balance out the league from CPU teams trading only prospects from CPU teams.

If you bring the potentials back in check, as I did last year, you do not see this.

Not 100% sure it is a bug, but it is an annoyance.

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 03-15-2020, 10:20 AM   #7
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
So what he means is that their are a lot of trades right after a season starts with the default rosters.

This has happened in the past with the OSFM and FM rosters as it is more indicative of the high potential grades across the board and the game looking to put some balance in the league at the start.

You will see upwards of 15 or so trades to balance out the league from CPU teams trading only prospects from CPU teams.

If you bring the potentials back in check, as I did last year, you do not see this.

Not 100% sure it is a bug, but it is an annoyance.
Not necessarily that. I believe it's a balance issue. There is not enough at each position etc. Taking the same roster and manipulating it and adding some players the issue is fixed.

The bug is you have 20 to 30 trades. Trade slider does nothing to correct or stop it.

With roster I uploaded there isnt the issue. I discussed on the options thread.

Old 03-15-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Did you send this to the official feedback form for the game?

Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »