Home

Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast

This is a discussion on Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2020, 06:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast

Enjoyed Moments last year and Showdown this year has been really addictive.

SDS/THE SHOW are the offline 'card collection' mode gamer's wish come true.

I haven't even touched the other modes yet like relocating teams and such.

I'm like in heaven right now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Offline DD Players - so far it's a blas

This is my first time touching the DD mode. I paid 100 dollars for the game, primarily to support the devs. Then, I thought, why not try it

Problem is that I don’t quite understand it. I don’t like playing online and it looks like you have to play online in that mode. I did some initial teambuilding and I was really happy with some of the cards I pulled out of my bonus packs.

Right now I’m playing my first game with my team and it’s user versus CPU. Took me forever just to find that.

What is SDS? You mentioned that in your post
Old 03-13-2020, 10:29 PM   #3
MVP

Re: Offline DD Players - so far it's a blas

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
This is my first time touching the DD mode. I paid 100 dollars for the game, primarily to support the devs. Then, I thought, why not try it

Problem is that I don’t quite understand it. I don’t like playing online and it looks like you have to play online in that mode. I did some initial teambuilding and I was really happy with some of the cards I pulled out of my bonus packs.

Right now I’m playing my first game with my team and it’s user versus CPU. Took me forever just to find that.

What is SDS? You mentioned that in your post
ya you dont need to play online to earn things. offline is just fine. id suggest start with Conquest - they have a simple Tim Tebow map there for beginners. It's basically like the board game RISK but baseball. There's also the entire USA map which will take longer and they have other maps too.

Moments try out as well - all offline. Do the first Moments w/ the historical teams , it's all on rookie mode.

Showdown is new and the first challange is pretty fun and addictive.

SDS is San Diego Studios.

Since you preordered, you will receive packs. Open them up and get players and some are where you choose players and legends. Do that and if you go to the team page where you pick your starters, you can adjust things there or hit the start button and the CPU will make the team for you using your best players.

I've never spent any real money on this mode and did everything off line and still had fun.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Offline DD Players - so far it's a blast

Thanks for the reply and the info. I should have known SDS But my mind was telling me were referencing a mode that I didn’t know

One thing that is frustrating me is that when I do a play v. CPU I can’t see who the computer pitcher is going to be so I cant adjust my lineup accordingly.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and the info. I should have known SDS But my mind was telling me were referencing a mode that I didn’t know

One thing that is frustrating me is that when I do a play v. CPU I can’t see who the computer pitcher is going to be so I cant adjust my lineup accordingly.
ya that's by design. maybe someone else can explain why they took that approach.

at least this year you can choose your starting pitcher. before this year, it was chosen by random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

You can actually figure it out this year, unlike previous years, at least in Conquest.

I have finished the first two conquest maps (starter and 1st inning) and here is what I have found.

If you start your highest rated pitcher then the CPU will start their highest rated pitcher. So, if you are playing Washington in those modes and do not want to face Scherzer or Strasburg then you want to choose your 3rd best, or lower, starter.

It does this by ratings so you can't fool the system by setting your best pitcher as your #5 starter.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Any tips on the first inning map? I played these maps all last year, and for some reason, I cannot make up any ground on this map. I take spots just to lose others. Just for clarity sake, I hate conquest, so that is not helping me out.
Old 03-14-2020, 02:54 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

I enjoy conquest but only on legend difficulty to make it competitive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »