Home

Hitting from pitchers view

This is a discussion on Hitting from pitchers view within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-08-2020, 11:49 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7

I can never find a hitting view I like. Breaking balls don't look realistic enough. So I just tried hitting from the pitcher views, and I must say I might make the switch. You can see the break of the pitches better. I compare this to playing football games in broadcast view. It's just a more pleasing visual experience. Of course, it comes with its negatives. It's harder to see and time the pitch in front of you. You can see the catcher signs, but I just close my eyes for those brief seconds. Surprisingly, it isnt as a difficult like playing in broadcast view in Madden. I assume the majority of the Show players hit from the traditional views, but should you have a hard time reading pitches and aren't satisfied with any batting view, you might want to try this out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2020, 01:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Hitting from pitchers view

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch49
I can never find a hitting view I like. Breaking balls don't look realistic enough. So I just tried hitting from the pitcher views, and I must say I might make the switch. You can see the break of the pitches better. I compare this to playing football games in broadcast view. It's just a more pleasing visual experience. Of course, it comes with its negatives. It's harder to see and time the pitch in front of you. You can see the catcher signs, but I just close my eyes for those brief seconds. Surprisingly, it isnt as a difficult like playing in broadcast view in Madden. I assume the majority of the Show players hit from the traditional views, but should you have a hard time reading pitches and aren't satisfied with any batting view, you might want to try this out.

I've heard thru someone on here that batting in the pitching camera view causes the C to throw out 3 different hand signals as to disguise what they are gonna throw
Old 03-09-2020, 01:44 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateoftheFranchise
I've heard thru someone on here that batting in the pitching camera view causes the C to throw out 3 different hand signals as to disguise what they are gonna throw
Yeah, they hide what the CPU pitcher is doing pretty well when the user hits from a broadcast cam - you get those hand signals that don't really mean anything (what I mean is, sometimes you'll get a pitch that isn't among the numbers the catcher put down - you just can't predict anything from that animation). And the catcher doesn't adjust his position during the wind up - you won't see him set up on the inside or outside or signal to the pitcher where he wants the ball.

Watch on cpu vs cpu or play as a user pitching and note how different the catcher's behavior is on those modes compared to the user hitting. That's so it doesn't give away pitch info.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

What hitting interface do you use? I used to love bases loaded as a kid, one of the few games that had hitting from this view. I may play around with this for fun.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

tc020791's Arena

Quote:

I tried this once and I felt like I was cheating. It’s way too easy to read if the pitch is going to be a ball or strike.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

This is my preferred hitting method, mostly because I was the game to look like a broadcast the whole time. As others have stated, the signs the catcher gives don't correlate to the pitch. There's another way to see what pitch is coming, but if you're not interested in that, then I won't give it away.

I've been a big proponent of this hitting view for a while now. The one major downside is the ball is huge and bright white when hitting from this view, but not when pitching. They changed that back in MLB 17, I think, and it's a bit of an eyesore.

Watch me play video games
Old 03-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #7
Rookie

jaydaddy03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nflman2033
What hitting interface do you use? I used to love bases loaded as a kid, one of the few games that had hitting from this view. I may play around with this for fun.

Brings back memories. Paste was a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

When I’m really bored I’ll flip to this camera and get a realistic tv broadcast. Then I strike out on 3 pitches because it’s really hard to time pitches and judge ball/strike and then I switch back

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »