Home

If 2k21 was to have a Kobe mode, what 8-10 games of his career would you want to play

This is a discussion on If 2k21 was to have a Kobe mode, what 8-10 games of his career would you want to play within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
If 2k21 was to have a Kobe mode, what 8-10 games of his career would you want to play

It’s going to be the 10 year anniversary of nba 2k11, the first game to feature a mode for a legend. If they went down the route to have a tribute for Kobe, what games would you like to play? My list would be:
1.First Christmas game against shaq and heat
2.Last game of his career
3.81 point game against Toronto
4. A rookie game against Jordan
5. Celtic finals series
6. A iverson showdown
7. Tmac showdown
8. Finals against iverson

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 05:36 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounddog146
It’s going to be the 10 year anniversary of nba 2k11, the first game to feature a mode for a legend. If they went down the route to have a tribute for Kobe, what games would you like to play? My list would be:
1.First Christmas game against shaq and heat
2.Last game of his career
3.81 point game against Toronto
4. A rookie game against Jordan
5. Celtic finals series
6. A iverson showdown
7. Tmac showdown
8. Finals against iverson

Game 4 of the 2000 NBA finals when he got bailed out with a phantom foul call.

- Pacers fan

Truth is one if the best nba games of all time and he played great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 03-05-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: If 2k21 was to have a Kobe mode, what 8-10 games of his career would you want to

Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals when he went 6-24 but got bailed out by Pau Gasol and an offensive rebounding frenzy.

-- Celtics fan (who still has nightmares about that game)

In all seriousness, this is a nice idea and are some good choices to be made throughout his career. I'm not sure how one with the Celtics would be done, but wouldn't be surprised to see that considering it's the only team he met in the finals more than once.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: If 2k21 was to have a Kobe mode, what 8-10 games of his career would you want to

definitely the WCF playoffs against the 02 Kings. That was the best playoff series ever, and one of the most controversial too (game 6). A mode just on that playoffs would be incredible. We can only dream.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #5
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Just because I like challenge, and I also play 2K on player lock(all of these would be played with player lock)

1. Outscore Mavs after 3 quarters on Superstar shooting 55% or better (He outscored Mavs 62-61 and shot 58% (18-31)) (60 achievement points)

2. NBA Record 12 3’s in a game vs. Sonics on All-Star (9 straight) (100 achievement points)

3. 81 points against Raptors on Hall of Fame and win the game. (200 achievement points)

4. 2010 NBA Finals Game 7 against Boston on Hall of Fame. Win game and finish with A+ grade rating. (50 achievement points)

5. 1997-98 Jordan vs Kobe split on Hall of Fame. Score more than Jordan, hold Jordan to under 30/35 points and win both games. (500 achievement points)

6. Final Game. Score 60 and shoot 50% or better. (50 achievement points)

7. 1999-00 WCF Game 7 vs Blazers on Hall of Fame; win the game with an A+ teammate grade rating.

That’s all I can think of to fit within a video game schedule. Highly unlikely they do this, but I just wanted to type and reminisce on some of my favorite games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2020, 11:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Why do you guys think it’s unlikely? Kobe and 2k had a very good relationship as far as I could tell, I think his family would sign off on it as well to honor Kobe

Old 03-13-2020, 03:59 PM   #7
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Well to me, it just seems pretty rushed and I personally would have some issue with them focusing on that, than other things that the game needs to be better. I literally just bought the game 3 days ago, but MyLeague still seems pretty much the same.

I’m imagining this mode to be similar to Jordan’s mode back in 2K12, something a little similar to that. But I don’t know how beneficial a mode like this would be anyway, it’s an awesome idea for sure, but knowing 2K lol, I just don’t see it. Not this year at least. Look at how many people have commented so far?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »