Home

2k20 is annoying me when it comes to custom rosters and game modes

This is a discussion on 2k20 is annoying me when it comes to custom rosters and game modes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
2k20 is annoying me when it comes to custom rosters and game modes

So I've downloaded a custom roster and tweaked it so that every all NBA team has a full 15-man roster with no duplicates and had to dip into some of the current and classic rosters to do so for some of the teams to fill in space. As I'm saving it, the game warns me that some of the teams don't have enough players on their rosters and that during myleague game modes, the CPU would auto fill the rosters for me. I'm like that's cool and save because I only plan to use the all-time teams with this roster save and couldn't care less about the CPU refilling the teams. But when I go to the season or league modes, it doesn't even let me select the roster file I want to use because I'm assuming these rosters aren't full and I can't even select the free agency pool to fill these teams with random players. It's annoying. You're telling me I can't use my roster file because I pulled some random players off the 70s teams that I don't even plan to ever use anyway? And what's with the game saying "hey, I'll fix this roster **** for you, is that okay?" And then not even let me select the file to play with? Why even give me the warning at all and why can't I select the roster file I want to use when I plan to substitute the default teams with the full all-time teams anyway?

And since when did the downloaded rosters become their own separate file where editing is limited to it's specific player pool where the free agent pool is missing. Filling out teams with random free agents to meet the minimum requirements would be nothing and I don't ever plan on using the majority of these teams anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: 2k20 is annoying me when it comes to custom rosters and game modes

Never mind, I fixed it. Super sorry about the whining...
Old 05-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
Never mind, I fixed it. Super sorry about the whining...
Can I ask how you fixed this?

I've been trying to use a custom roster with retro teams to start a MyLeague but it keeps crashing after I select my team. I also received a less than 14 player on a roster warning and to allow CPU to auto-fill, so i'm wondering if that was related to my issue.

Anyway, I can't find a lot of help on this, so I'm looking for anything related to this not enough players on a roster thing.

That's how I found your post. How did you fix the issue? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

haha, the Internet is full of those people who fixed a Problem nobody has an answer for and then dont let the World Know how they fixed it.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
Pro

vetmin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
haha, the Internet is full of those people who fixed a Problem nobody has an answer for and then dont let the World Know how they fixed it.

“Does ne1 know how to make a cold fusion reactor, preferably something cheap and compact? Seems like itd be a better power source than what we have now in the world. Thx

Edit: actually nm i figured it out. Thx anyway”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #6
Pro

For me I fixed it by just making another random custom roster and saving it, then the name of previous roster that wasn’t showing up shows up, and the recent random one doesn’t.

It’s like it becomes hidden until another roster is created for me. PS4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »