Home

The Show 20 Release Day/Week Plans?

This is a discussion on The Show 20 Release Day/Week Plans? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-29-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Show 20 Release Day/Week Plans?

What are your Show plans for release day/release week? I'm not getting early access so on the 17th before work I'll...

1.) Play a 9-inning exhibition: NYY @ BOS. Sale starting for the good guys.

After work...

2.) I'll check out the minors rosters rumored to be packaged with the game to see if they're worthy of a Franchise start.

3.) I've never done the deep dive in DD because I usually come around to it when it feels like it's too late. I'm going to jump into that ASAP.

How about you??

Last edited by MBizzle13; 02-29-2020 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 2020 Release Day/Week Plans?

1) definitely want to see who made each club's Single A team. might do some tweaking Saturday, by Sunday night I want to have either a Colorado or Baltimore season underway.

2) Friday night I'll play a Braves @ Texas 'friendly' maybe even 2 or 3, really get to know SDS' latest stadium creation.

3) gotta get in plenty of exhibition games to get the Dynamic Difficulty where it needs to be for me.

4) do some exporting/importing, (Sosa, Bonds, McGwire, Ruth) for a true homerun derby.

so much to do, glad I wont have to wait till the 17th to start the grind all over again. I'd like to see how much improved M2O is but honestly I doubt I look at it for the first 2 weeks lol

A Work in Progress
Old 02-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Show 20 Release Day/Week Plans?

Getting the game on the 13th. I booked a vacation day off work ( first time ever for a video game (got a head shake from my wife and kids for that haha)) so I’m going to pick it up first thing in the morning.

I’ll check out the rosters and if everything looks good to me I’m jumping right in on a Jays franchise.

I never got more than 40 some odd games in my franchise on 19 because every time I’d get started the Jays would call up another prospect and I’d end up restarting. Not this year...hopefully 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 02-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #4
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

I have off on the 13th and 16th and will be starting my Phillies franchise day one. Seeing that scan of Bohm had me feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Old 02-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

CHIBHAWKSRULE's Arena

Carrying over my White Sox franchise and starting up another franchise with the Pirates who I will be moving to somewhere in the mid west, not sure where though since I would like to know what options there are to move them too. Also be moving the Blue Jays to Montreal most likely and re-branding the Padres as well, never cared for the Padres name and definitely don't care for the brown and yellow they are again. And then of course playing games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-29-2020, 11:43 PM   #6
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

if GS is doing a 9PM release, I will call in Friday, Jam my Cubs franchise all weekend. Set up a league with my 3 other buddies. Already a personal day on the Monday scheduled.

I usually get 10+ seasons each year on franchise playing 40+ games a year. Cant wait.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:56 AM   #7
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Step 1: Exhibition game, Jays @ Cubs playing as the Jays since I love Wrigley but never get to play there normally.

Step 2: straight into practice mode to check for any potential differences from 19 and start the slider playtesting.

Step 3: start both my carry over and a new franchise as a control.

Step 4: hop back and forth between the two franchises and practice mode, continuing to refine sliders.

Step 5: lock in sliders and ditch my control franchise.

Step 6: Enjoy!

Yeah that'll take me to month 3 at least.

Oh wait first day? Yeah I might get started on step 3. Maybe.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 03-01-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:04 AM   #8
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27
Thumbs up Re: The Show 20 Release Day/Week Plans?

Well, I pre-ordered The Show for the 1st time since 2015 while I was on PS3. Decided to take the plunge again to preorder. The main or biggest reason is that I know we should be in good hands since Ridin works for the Show now. Therefore we should have pretty accurate rosters upon release which is a 1st for the series.

Of course, depending on the cut off date for him working on the rosters will depend on how many transactions/moves we will need to make ourselves. Probably not too many moves we need to do. Mostly minor league moves more than MLB roster moves.

That should take a lot of editing we normally need to do out of the game so we can get straight to our franchises. Of course, we will probably see a release day patch & a couple more for the game as well through the summer months.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by tonybologna; 03-01-2020 at 02:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »