Home

eFootball PES 2020 Patch 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on eFootball PES 2020 Patch 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
eFootball PES 2020 Patch 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Konami has released eFootball PES 2020 game update 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 today. The data...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2020, 01:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Patch 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This game is just so bad. It gets worse with each patch. The AI is so juiced. They just run around the pitch flattening your players without any repercussions. It's really laughable. Then you barely bump them and it's a penalty. Konami has to be the laziest team I've ever seen. They equate computer cheating with a better challenge. I mean this in no way resembles football - it's one of the worst patches I've ever seen. I had one 7 minute half where I counted over 15 slide tackles by the AI resulting in 1 yellow card - really, is this some sort joke. Then to make things even more comical I checked their agression level thinking it had to be maxed, but nope, it was on the 2nd lowest setting. Who puts a game together like this - it's a disaster.

The passing and shooting are just as bad. Passes almost never go where intended and stars miss a ton of point blank shots or someone warps in out of nowhere for a block or deflection. And when I say warp I mean rocket speed like warp. Passing lanes are also cut down because of the super range that guys have or their psychic abilities ---- blocking or intercepting passes that they have no business getting to.

Player control is also a whole new level of bad. Momentum is way overdone so small movements or feints just don't work and neither do most of the skill moves. They need to just scrap the right stick control scheme altogether. It serves zero purpose and looks awful.

My final issue is with straight line analog controls - hey Konomi it's 2020 when are you going to use modern technology to get rid of this problem. Just another example of being lazy and cashing in without any kind of investment or effort on your part.

Maybe I'm crazy but it's hard to believe they don't get more complaints about this stuff or maybe they do and I just don't read about it. I don't know what sport they think they creating but it's not football. I guess it could be a hybrid of soccer, the NFL, and rugby. If that's the goal then it's a huge success.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #3
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Patch 1.08 and Data Pack 4.0 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

I'm actually enjoying the game more since the last update. Manual passing is more difficult, and there just seems to be less...space on the pitch? Either way, the game just feels a little slower and the AI seems to attack in different ways (they switch play from one flank to the other often now).
Old 02-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I'm actually enjoying the game more since the last update. Manual passing is more difficult, and there just seems to be less...space on the pitch? Either way, the game just feels a little slower and the AI seems to attack in different ways (they switch play from one flank to the other often now).
Interesting I haven't tried the game in a while; do defenders actually push up past the halfway line now when attacking?
Old 02-18-2020, 09:02 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

If I set my line high, and position the players high, they may a bit. I play wit Inter in a 5-3-2, so my center backs are often a bit deeper, but I’ve seen them move up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7

Pretty solid update for offline players. Seeing much more diversity from the AI in terms of the way they attack. Lots more shots from distance, more aggressive passing up the pitch, even some risky passes, and better creativity with the dribble. I got blanked 2-0 last night as Juve but it was really engaging, the outcome didn't bother me because both goals felt earned and not spammed in with tiki taka and/or OP shooting. Seems like there are more fouls being called as well, and for the first time ever I saw a CPU player sent off for two yellows. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Nice job on this one, Konami. Tip of the cap.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #7
MVP

sva91's Arena

Game has played better than ever with new update. Much better response time and just more fun in general. Game feels much more organic now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-19-2020, 10:44 PM   #8
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Pretty solid update for offline players. Seeing much more diversity from the AI in terms of the way they attack. Lots more shots from distance, more aggressive passing up the pitch, even some risky passes, and better creativity with the dribble. I got blanked 2-0 last night as Juve but it was really engaging, the outcome didn't bother me because both goals felt earned and not spammed in with tiki taka and/or OP shooting. Seems like there are more fouls being called as well, and for the first time ever I saw a CPU player sent off for two yellows. Couldn't believe my eyes.

Nice job on this one, Konami. Tip of the cap.
You got me interested, I am going to jump back in as you are usually pretty hard on PES (and rightfully so) and if you're impressed I will give it another shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »