Home

MLB The Show 20 Frachise/RTTS Feedback

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20 Frachise/RTTS Feedback within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2020, 10:36 PM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Hey all,

I need some very specific feedback that I hope you can all help me with. I have a rough list already but I'd like to start with a fresh page for this:

What doesn't work in Franchise/RTTS?

Now, what I mean isn't new features, future requests, etc. What are things in game that are currently featured that have a bug/don't work as intended? Example: Franchise Fantasy Drafts end up with one catcher on every CPU team's Major League roster until a major injury and results in them carrying 14 pitchers.

Anything you can think of feel free to throw in here. Again - this is Franchise/RTTS specific (you DD guys will have an opportunity soon).

Appreciate your time folks,

-Mills

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 11:46 PM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB The Show 20 Frachise/RTTS Feedback

My biggest gripe, every single year with Road to The Show is that we lose our jersey number numerous times throughout our careers. Unless you're incredibly lucky. Anytime the team you play for acquires a player with the same number, the Road to The Show player is forced to the next available (higher number). A lot of people say that it's based on overall rating. I can attest 100% that it is not. This also happens if the team calls up a player from the minors that shares the same number.

I'm genuinely blown away that this has been a persistent issue for as long as it has and that it's not discussed regularly. In fact, I think I seem to be the only one that points this out on a regular basis. So maybe I'm in the minority. However, it's enough for me not to play the mode.

Ironically, I just played my Road to The Show character from MLB 19 and this happened after just a few games. I usually play Road to The Show while I wait for OSFM to come out. So sometimes I get through a season or two. I was #8 (Crash Davis) and my team (the White Sox) acquired a player from the Tigers with #8. I was a 76 overall, he was a 75. I now have #12 while he has #8.

Side note: This is also an issue in franchise mode. However, running 30-team control I'm able to fix this. The simple fix from San Diego Studios would seem to be to give the user the ability to edit all jersey numbers, on every team in Road to The Show.

I hope this is fixed every year, but it's been in the game for as long as I can remember so I'm not holding my breath on it being corrected.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 02-13-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't bought the game the previous 2 years, so my knowledge might be dated (but, then again part of the reason I haven't been buying is actually because this kind of stuff isn't getting fixed...catch 22)...

*From what I remember, the generated draftees come in pretty overpowered as the seasons progress in Franchise mode. There tends to be an overabundance of high potential players that can make it hard to make a roster for the present that will also be tuned for the future.

*Not exclusive to franchise mode, but when editing pitches of CAPS there is what we call a "pitch edit glitch" whereby adjusting the speed on one pitch also affects the speed of the others. This causes extra work to try to balance it. It also causes some strange, artificial speed maximums (2SM and SNK aren't fast enough, offspeed are too fast or slow).

*From what I recall, CPU-controlled teams don't make use of sponsorships so the USER has to either manually add them using 30-team control or just accept the competitive advantage.

*One of the main gripes has been how pitcher stamina in the playoffs is handled. Rather than boosting it so pitchers can pitch more on short rest like they do in real life, many people have complained about the stamina actually recovering more slowly in a playoff setting.

*Playoff roster eligibility is also a big gripe. I think there's no mechanism to replace injured players? I also think it might use the wrong definition of eligibility where a player has to be on the 25-man roster vs the 40-man roster or whether the player is on the roster at any point before Sept. 1st versus on Sept. 1st. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

*I seem to remember salaries not adjusting to MLB minimums when players are added to the 40-man roster and, due to the morale system, these players get angry when they should be happy they got promoted.

* I also seem to remember lots of gripes about the budgeting system (aside from the fact that cash flow sucks) where quality players are forced into early retirements when teams are all in the red ink in future seasons.

*Again, just a vague recollection, but something something about the scouting process being sorta meaningless? A little help? lol

*One more scouting-related issue...sometimes you get weird combinations of OVR/POT and guys that are really old or guys that will never have time to go from 40 OVR to their 99 POT. The balance has seemed off here iirc.

Apologies for the vagueness of some of these items (and/or if some of this was fixed in MLBTS 18/19), but maybe some OS'ers that have stayed more plugged in than me can provide some more specifics here.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:37 AM   #4
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30

*Playoff eligibility is wrong and when a player is injured and goes on dl late in season is not eligible for playoffs. Sometimes causing team to play short handed.

* players retiring mid contract and salary does not count against budget. CPU and player can sign player for huge multi year deal and not have budget affected since player retires when ratings drop.

* regression becomes extreme to force players to retire.

*salary structure is wrong. Players earn more in arbitration than they do in free agency. Also salary demands have not changed even with real contracts. A player that starts on default roster with a 10 mil deal will make significant less in off season.

*budget allocation confusing. When signing a free agent do not know what budget allocations are.

* teams at times will carry only 1 catcher.

*when a player is traded mid season stats are combined. Does not show splits or team played on. Instead of listing all teams played for that season lists Tot.

*Records and accolades are not saved to player and no way to check after few seasons.

*cannot look back at stats for minor league players to see year to year progression.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2020, 04:20 AM   #5
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1

- Pitchers cannot be stretched out by training. You draft a 56 Stamina pitcher (SP listed) and, three years later, he's still 56. Great other attributes but he's useless after the 4th inning.

- Fantasy draft and general AI when it comes to rosters. MLB 12 is the last version to do it right. You started off with a usable roster immediately. Now you get 1 C or 4 OF and no reserve infielder, etc. Also, that 56 SP should be able to be slotted by the CPU into long/middle relief without requiring 30TC to do it.

- Like Barnes said, stats. If a guy is traded, he should get a new entry for the team instead of "TOT".

- Regression. It's too early and muddled. I've got a 31 year old (IIRC) Bryce Harper on my 2024 roster. He's dropping attribute points like hay off of a truck on the highway. Trout same. They started this under 30 years old. 30 is still a prime age. There's no sense in signing anyone to a long term deal after 34 since they're unplayable after then. Stats don't matter when it comes to nerfing it either.

- Draft classes. They're obscenely weak for how the game is made. There is no rookie ball or anything like that to develop a 44 OVR first overall pick in order that he might play before he's 30. Position players more so than pitchers; Development based on stats is skewed since the game skews pitcher-friendly.

- Playoff roster eligibility has been covered above.

- Playoff pitcher stamina also covered above.

- "A" prospects seem to be undervalued by the CPU. Filling your team with them via trade without "house rules" is pretty easy to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

As has been mentioned, the player regression is too intense, retirement is too early on.

I had Mike Trout retire at 34 as a 62 overall..

I even tried to keep him afloat by upgrading his stats as he regressed and it was no use. He was still out of the league at a ridiculously young age.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:46 AM   #7
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0

For RTTS I’d like to have:

-Ability to choose stadium

-Ability to choose opponents uniforms

-Manual injuries

-The rotating jersey number issue (as stated above) isn’t what you want

-overall just more freedom in RTTS

Franchise:

-Turn off retired numbers

-Edit coaches

Both:

-Spring Training uniforms. When playing ST the BP jersey have nothing on the back and it lowers the immersion

-Rotating Interleague Schedules

Last edited by Bartolo Colon; 02-13-2020 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #8
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

The main issues I've come across in year 9 of a carryover franchise are regression, the draft and budgets. Like others have mentioned.

There is no reason budgets should be done on a weekly basis. They also really need to address how they calculate the budgets. For example, how can I sign a FA to a 30 million dollar contract but if I try to trade for a guy making 20 million it says I can't afford him. This is during the season when my payroll is 32 million less than my allotted budget.

In regards to regression much like others have said, guys regress way too early. I have a 27 year old pitcher who has gone from an 84 at the beginning of the season to 79 in May. He is 75-24 in his career, crazy. I get 34 and older guys regressing faster but not guys in their prime.

Lastly, what is there to say about the draft. CPU teams draft 44-55 overall, 23+ guys in the first round. Half the players you scout disappear come draft time, etc. I get some might not enter the draft but those should be under 20 years old. Not 23-24 year old players.

These are just a couple of examples what I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by zippy2212; 02-13-2020 at 09:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »